Still nothing great- but wanted to share!

KellyV

Forum Supporter
Hi gang,
I thought I share my finding from a local park in RI. I didn't find much but I have only covered about 1/10 of it so lots of area to go. Plus I had six kids hanging out with me for about 2 hours. I was surprised 2 of the six kids stayed and helped dig. There were 3 15 years old boys an 3 14/15 year old girls. I was happy they were interested in something other than typical teenager things. I let one of the girls keep a 1945 nickel she found - she was so excited. I need a new camera too. I got this one for christmas as a gift and I couldn't hurt anyones feelings. Any suggestions?

Couple good pennies, fishing lures, looks like an old barett and some other ite I can't identify.

- Kelly

Attachments

• DSC00493.JPG
    DSC00493.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC00494.JPG
    DSC00494.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 209
Copper

Not sure I think it is just a cover to somthing I haven't cleaned it yet so it has not hit the junk pile. But there is slight indentation on it so I don't think it is anything old. On the left of the colored lure I think it is an old piece of a boyscout pin it has abird on it with a GI or G1 on the backside. The bird is official looking.
I am pshyched though. From the forum I looked through all those state treasure links you send out and I just got permission to hunt on Roger Williams park in Ri. I plan on going after work Wednesday or this weekend.
Thank you,
Kelly

finds

Thank you all for the enthusiasm! I love this site it is like my new extended family as my friends usually laugh at me and tell me all I need is a pair of blue blockers to top off the outfit :) I plan on visiting it again this week as it is only 10 minutes away!

That is a nice pile of loot there Kelly congrats
Nice of you to take the time to show your helpers about detecting kids love it.

Back
Top Bottom