Detectors in Southeast michigan

Dubay420

So who all is in the South eastern part of Michigan? I'm in Mt.Clemens, just wondering if its as lonely out here as it seems! anyhow, i just wanted to see how many cool stories, and possible hunting buddies we could rack up for our area! :grin: GL and happy hunting

I am from Commerce Township and work in Madison Heights. I have only saw 2 other detectorists out this year so far and no recollection of any prior but I just got back into it this year so like anything it may go unnoticed until you get into it.

As for hunting I have been to a Dodge park by the house, my beach association, 3 local schools and the complex where my GF's sons condo is. (surprisingly the condo yealded the most coins)

THere are a number of folks from all over Michigan on the forum. Would be cool to arrange a hunt/picnic sometime to get all of us "weirdos" together in the same place LOL.

Happy Hunting!

:D

There is an old park in Mt. Clemens, don't know the name of it, but it is where the Clinton River merges with the Spillway. My husband and I used to park at a school parking lot on Harper and walk over there. I will try to see if we can get permission to hunt there as a group if anyone is interested. They may turn me down, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Anyone interested?

Actually, the park may be in Clinton Township, but if anyone is interested, please let me know.

I am interested... I would also like to get a group hunt out at my house in China Twp. if anyone wants to get together. Plenty of hunting space and history to go along with it.

I am going to Istanbul Turkey for five weeks in August, so anytime before would be excellent.

Mike

Please count me in for the China Township Hunt, as long as it is not between July 5th and the 19th, as I will be out of town. I checked on the park in Mt. Clemens, it is called Shadyside Park. There is an area, right off Gratiot Avenue, where an old stone moment still exists, however, they are redoing the bridge and Gratiot in that area and have piles of dirt as well as equipment all around it. The rest of the park is accessible, but I want to check with the powers to be, first, to make sure it is ok. I will let you know.

I called the Mt. Clemens City Offices today and received permission to metal detect Shadyside Park in Mt. Clemens. I stated it would be me along with a few friends. The woman checked and said that the only stipulation was that we cannot dig any really deep holes. I told her we would fill in all the plugs and try to leave it cleaner when we leave, then when we came. Anyways, now we need to decide on a date. Hopefully we can get a few more people to join in.

Laura, I'm new here and trying to learn all I can. If you get a group I would be interested. I've passed the park many times and think this would be fun.

Hi ET49,
Welcome to the forum. No one ever replied back that they are interested in getting together. I'm glad you replied. It is supposed to be somewhat cooler next week, so maybe we can meet and metal detect Shadyside Park. I was raised in St. Clair Shores and it's a great place to live. Again Welcome. I will post another message and see if I can get some other people interested in metal detecting the park. When are you available for metal detecting (weekends, weekdays, etc.). Let me know. Thanks...

Laura, My best times are weekday mornings. I usually water hunt but I think my machine is good in the dirt too. Really just learning to use this thing and getting used to the tones. Let me know about next week, I think that can work for me.

Metro Beach Official Policy

I have attached the official Metal Detecting Policy for Metro Beach in Harrison Township, just in case anyone is interested. I received it today via email..

Attachments

• METRO BEACH METAL DETECTING POLICY sm.pdf
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,137
Laura I just found this forum and really excited to get to talk to some fellow detectorists in Michigan. I just moved back here from Kentucky I sure miss the hunting down there it did'nt seem to be as hunted out as it is here. Dont get me wrong I still have found a few silver coins and even one gold ring but I dont know the area as well here. I am in Gratiot County is that close to you guys I saw Clinton and I know where that is.

Hi Jonsilver,
Glad you're enjoying the website! You are probably a few hours away from Macomb County. There is another thread, just scroll down farther, for "Michigan", that may have a few more people in your area. Welcome to the the forum :)

Shadyside Park in Mt. Clemens Friday

Please come join us at Shadyside Park in Mt. Clemens, this Friday at 8:30 a.m. So far only two of us have confirmed, but would really like to get some other Michiganders to hunt with us. The date is Friday, September 23rd, so if you are interested, please let me know or just show up. Hope to see you then!

Hi ET. Please come join us at Shadyside Park in Mt. Clemens, this Friday at 8:30 a.m. So far only two of us have confirmed, but would really like to get some other Michiganders to hunt with us. The date is Friday, September 23rd, so if you are interested, please let me know or just show up. Hope to see you then!

I am very new to Metal Detecting. Only about a month or so experience. I live in Warren and would love to try to get out and meet up at Shadyside Park. I will have to see how my work schedule works out for Friday but will try to get up there.

Has anybody tried any of the parks in Warren? I called the Parks and Rec. Dept and they do not have any ordinances against metal detecting. I would like to get some people together and try Eckstein Park at Chicago and Mound. It is supposed to be the oldest existing park in Warren.

Back
Top Bottom