Lancaster PA Metal Detecting

justmrg

I am going to give the park in Lancaster a shot this weekend with a fellow forum member on Saturday 7/12/08 if anyone is interested in joining us!

Shoot me an email for details....

Greg

Lancaster Native Detecting Novice

My first metal detector is being delivered this week. Would gladly meet up with someone to detect with. Wont often have this kind of time to hunt. My name is Justin btw. Message me through the forum if you care to join me or can suggest any good parks. Thanks

a bounty hunter quick silver. I was a little shocked though. I reviewed the county laws regarding metal detecting and they say that it permitted metal detecting in parks as long as you are not entering fenced in areas or archeological areas. When I went to the local parks the signs outside the parks specifically forbid metal detectors per a "local" ordinance in Lancaster city. I still plan to visit the closest "county" park, i went to city parks, but i was dissappointed to discover I have a new metal detector an no convenient place to use it. I ended up testing it out behind my apartment building in a small patch of dirt. Mostly just found trash. With the exception of a section of copper pipe and a badly damaged zinc penny. At least we know the police are actively looking for criminals like myself. Within half an hour after I started searching this 12' x 3' patch of dirt an officer stopped by to ensure I was permitted to do so.

My first metal detector is being delivered this week. Would gladly meet up with someone to detect with. Wont often have this kind of time to hunt. My name is Justin btw. Message me through the forum if you care to join me or can suggest any good parks. Thanks

I am also in Lancaster (Millersville) and I am running into the same problems. Other then the river that I detect at, all other areas have signs that state no digging or excavating. I found a bunch of great places to go, but then signs restricted me from those areas.

i know some places but havent got up the courage to ask permission to detect them. i had a great place i went to all the time and found lots of silver coins but i drove by and there are no trespassing signs up. I think they were put up during the hunting season cause they were never there before, in fact the one time i was there i talked to a guy cutting wood and he told me were to detect. It used to be a carnival ground and in the 40's and 50's a boyscout camp. when ground thaws i will inquire about it more.

Hey I live in Lititz and I was wondering if anyone knew of some good spots in or around lititz. I am only 17 and I just bought my first detector the other day. I would be happy to drive somewhere to meet someone to go with. Any help would be greatly appriciated. I am looking for older coins as well as newer coins or just anything cool to find. So far all I found was 2 pennies and a bunch of crap. Thanks for any help!

I have been detecting for probably 3+ years now and have never found someone to go out with. I figured while im out id see some people that detect but no luck. Weather is warming up soon here and id love to meet up with some people and detect. Silver whenever you go out next let me know and maybe i can tag along.

Metal Detector Needed, Will pay to Rent

I am Cooper, a student at Franklin and Marshall college in Lancaster, PA, and I have lost a small metal lapel pin in a pit of sand. I have dug/panned through the sand to no avail, and hope that someone with a metal detector who lives nearby the college would be kind enough to help me out, I will pay a negotiable rate to either rent the detector from you or pay someone to use their detector to find the pin. The sand pile is only about 20 sq. ft, so it shouldn't take long at all to find with a detector. Please give me a call if you can help, 541-941-2629

you certain it is in the sand pit? is this pit on campus or off campus? if i am not mistaken a lot of campuses are off limits to mding although there might be an exception in your case.

you certain it is in the sand pit? is this pit on campus or off campus? if i am not mistaken a lot of campuses are off limits to mding although there might be an exception in your case.

:agreed: Make sure its ok for us to come there with a detector and one of us will show up. I'm right in millersville.

I am also in Lancaster (Millersville) and I am running into the same problems. Other then the river that I detect at, all other areas have signs that state no digging or excavating. I found a bunch of great places to go, but then signs restricted me from those areas.

tell them your not digging, your foraging for coins!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom