Someone to hunt PA.

Yes, apparently so. Non-residents = $20, residents = $10.

Looks like that only applies to County parks. Lake Towhee and Peace Valley parks are a couple near me. I have yet to detect there, but good to know I can get a permit if I wish to do so.

"I'm sorry officer. Since there are multiple definitions of the verb 'use', I inferred that it was up to me as a law-abiding and well-read citizen to choose the closest approximation of the meaning of the word as it applied to my actions.

As you can clearly see, there are many more ways that I am NOT 'using' my metal detector than ways that I AM 'using' it."

• I definitely was NOT consuming my metal detector. As you can clearly see, it is still here. (#2).
  • Nor was I exploiting it (#3).
    - I have a notarized affadavit from the manufacturer (i.e., instruction manual).
    - Ask it if it has my consent. It's a detector. It can't lie.
    - With all due respect: get your mind out of the gutter, sir. I would NEVER treat my detector like that.
  • I do not treat my detector "in a particular way"; I treat it differently depending on how many pull-tabs I find that particular day. (#4)
  • I was not applying a name or title to myself. I do that when I get home. (#5)
  • I would not benefit from another detector; I can only use one at a time anyway.(#6)
  • While detecting is somewhat addictive, I am in no way, shape, or form addicting to my metal detector. I use it every day and could give it up whenever I want. Really.(#7)
  • While I don't really understand the last one, and as much as I'd like to have an affair with my metal detector sometimes, we are not in the past today, that was yesterday, so this point is moot.(#8)

Use

verb

1. take, hold, or deploy (something) as a means of accomplishing a purpose or achieving a result; employ.
"she used her key to open the front door"

2. take or consume (an amount) from a limited supply of something.
"we have used all the available funds"

3. exploit (a person or situation) for one's own advantage.
"I couldn't help feeling that she was using me"

4. treat (someone) in a particular way.
"use your troops well and they will not let you down"

5. apply (a name or title) to oneself.
"she still used her maiden name professionally"

6. (informal) one would like or benefit from.
"I could use another cup of coffee"

7. (informal) take (an illegal drug).
"they were using heroin daily"

8. describing an action or state of affairs that was done repeatedly or existed for a period in the past.
"this road used to be a dirt track"

Cool, maybe Berks. I have a couple bigger spots but the owners would freak out if I brought in a group.

check out French creek state park....detecting is permitted, just stop in at the park office and let them know you'll be there, they'll also let ya know where detecting is not permitted on the grounds

I live in Elizabethtown town the best find I've ever had was a 1943 walking liberty but I will meet up with any body to hunt with.

An e-trac with a 6x8 SEF coil at the moment!

Nice! I actually just sold my etrac and I am currently swinging a brand new Deus. Only have a couple hours on it so far. I have a nice spot in minersville that has produced a bunch of silver coins, Indian heads, and other old coins. Gonna hit it back up with the deus cuz my etrac was nulling out so bad from all the trash. You're welcome to hit it with me if you want. Pm me.

Main line pa here

I am located on the main line just outside philly, message me if anyone is interested in hunting

I live down here in York if anyone wants to get together just give me a shout. I'm looking for a few people to hunt with. I don't mind driving.

I'm in Fayette county just about every Sunday, smock area. Let me know if you ever want to meet up some Sunday afternoon.

For some reason, I just noticed this reply Esquire.... Yeah, we should meet up sometime for a hunt. I'm in Uniontown, so we're definitely close. :yes:

For some reason, I just noticed this reply Esquire.... Yeah, we should meet up sometime for a hunt. I'm in Uniontown, so we're definitely close. :yes:

I haven't been on this site in a while and just saw this. I have a new field to check out this weekend near Cedar Creek park. If anything is there you're more than welcome to meet me there sometime or I can head south and meet up at one of your spots. I was just in Uniontown yesterday Christmas shopping. Let me know when and where sometime. Happy hunting and Merry Christmas.
I can PM you my number if you want to go.
Beej.

Hi Beej. I would love to go if I didn't have to work.... Those bill collectors get upset if you don't pay them. Ha! I only get one weekend a month off and I just had it last weekend though. :( Still, I'll PM you my number. maybe we can get together another time for a hunt. I'd enjoy having a hunting partner.

Back
Top Bottom