Tweaking ground balance for results on the AT Pro

Excellent points and I think you are quite correct. The other thing I have noticed in experimenting with this is a noticeable VDI shift on targets. SOil is pretty neutral here. As far as fringe depth targets go, the truth of it is that most will be passed over, regardless of tuning, as most users are unlikely to dig deep iffy tones mixed with iron grunts...Unless past finds are impressive and concentrated enough to warrant going after those deep iffys.

One other point, if I'm not mistaken running the machine hot (positive) should increase pickup of tiny objects, and running 2-5 points above ground-grab GB I have been very pleased especially with the AT's pick up of small buttons at depth. I'm inclined to leave my settings just where I usually have them but will continue to experiment. Thanks everyone for the comments and input...BB

I've been taught a metal detector's purpose is to find metal...focus on the metal not the target and it will be found. I know what metal to focus on, just as you.
Overtuning is not new, an old prospectors trick from years ago. I've manipulated the AT Pro's ground balance all the way up to 99 for enhancement purposes. It's refreshing to see others think outside the box for better results. Continued success. HH

Back
Top Bottom