new mder

It's a good detector I guess from what people say on here but so far it has frustrated me (probably because I have not used it much). Where I live there is trash in the ground every few inches and the way the F2 bounces around it is hard for me to decide what to dig and not to dig. Maybe if I get out there more with it I might start liking it more. I have a Eurotek Pro which is 1 week older than the F2 and I love that machine. Sad to say I have been favoring my Ace 250 the last week even with its annoying tones. All I can say is use it often and learn it. It does have a high rating and that is the reason I bought it. I plan on getting out more with the F2 to learn it more but am planning on using the 4" coil instead. HH my friend.

It's a good detector I guess from what people say on here but so far it has frustrated me (probably because I have not used it much). Where I live there is trash in the ground every few inches and the way the F2 bounces around it is hard for me to decide what to dig and not to dig. Maybe if I get out there more with it I might start liking it more. I have a Eurotek Pro which is 1 week older than the F2 and I love that machine. Sad to say I have been favoring my Ace 250 the last week even with its annoying tones. All I can say is use it often and learn it. It does have a high rating and that is the reason I bought it. I plan on getting out more with the F2 to learn it more but am planning on using the 4" coil instead. HH my friend.

A huge difference with that 4" coil when you are learning this one.
Practice swinging that coil...any coil with the center over the target and those numbers calm down remarkably.
I got so good that I am able to get all good targets to stay within a 2 number jump... always a
Diggable target at coin numbers.
Most trash that is irregular in shape like foil and can slaw pieces plus most tabs that are not shallow and laying flat will jump more than 2 numbers no matter what you do...the depth bars will jump too, in that case you will come to know that you are swinging over trash most of the time.
Some trash will come in solid, not jump and hit like coins will but most can be eliminated this way.
Pop tops...my sworn enemy, usually sound pretty good if they are the high tone ones, but they usually jump pretty good in the numbers and the depth bars or they come in at different numbers than dimes or copper cents, screw on caps usually come in at a weird 68, so when I am hunting in a field of these I just dig a few, notice the numbers for that site because they could be slightly different in different areas and then I can avoid them with good confidence most of the rest of the hunt.
I dig all solid targets that don't jump more than 2 numbers no matter where they come in...found a lot of gold that way.
A little practice getting that coil center over the target and this will become fast, efficient and effortless.
Read the links above for many more tips.

Back
Top Bottom