Minelab sovereign elite?

Chizmar

Elite Member
Hi guys i just got a sovereign elite. Dose anybody have any tips tricks or hint on this? And i think im haveing threshold problems. I cant get the steady humm like i should i can barley get it with the sensitivity turned all the way down or somewhat stable in auto. Checked all the connections and it dont have a coil cover. So I'd like to get any info i can or feedback that ya guys have thanks.

I had that problem and even though with new batteries it seemed dead. Checked battery pack voltage and it was low. Checked each AA battery and had a DOA one right out of the package. Sometimes when installing new batteries I have to jiggle them around in the holder to get good contact. Hope this helps.

Thats nice! The guy said he put in rechargeable battery's in it looks like a cobbled mess should have just bought the gt! Thanks for the info

My Elite is a KILLER!

I run mine with no discrim or notch, variable tone in all metal (pinpoint) mode, then when I get a target I switch to disc mode to see if its a diggable target. You get more depth this way. I also have my volume and sensitivity at max but not auto ever. My threshold has a full range of travel from silent to blasting loud. PM me if you want. I absolutely LOVE my Sov!

Ok did some messin around last nite battery's good controls are good i dont know if this is right but turned sensitivity all the way down still tons of chatter unplugged the coil wouldn't ya know smoothed right out i think the guy slapped this thing togeather with junk parts!! Purdy sure now the coil is bad! Now i gotta find one! More money out my pocket he claimed he hunted with it all the time! (Impossible!) he couldn't have found a pile of quarters on a piece of wood 5' off the ground with this thing! Boy did he see me comming!! Live and learn i guess! Well anyone got an 8" coil for a sov elite they wanna sell cheep let me know thanks!!

Ok did some messin around last nite battery's good controls are good i dont know if this is right but turned sensitivity all the way down still tons of chatter unplugged the coil wouldn't ya know smoothed right out i think the guy slapped this thing togeather with junk parts!! Purdy sure now the coil is bad! Now i gotta find one! More money out my pocket he claimed he hunted with it all the time! (Impossible!) he couldn't have found a pile of quarters on a piece of wood 5' off the ground with this thing! Boy did he see me comming!! Live and learn i guess! Well anyone got an 8" coil for a sov elite they wanna sell cheep let me know thanks!!

Did you do this test in the house? If so you will always get chatter in the house.

With the coil off you're not getting any kind of signal, the machine can't see
a thing with out the coil. Slap it all back together and try it outside.:yes:

Hope you get it sorted out because the Elite really is an awesome machine. I used one for many years on the beaches and on the land and founds buckets of good stuff. Good luck!

Thanks guys all great info!!!! I will try everything you suggest!! I hope i do get this figured out i have read all great reviews on this machine!!
Again thanks guys for all the help!!!

Ok guys!!!! Worked on it found the connections between the coil and the box had some kinda sticky !!!! on them cleaned them up! this thing runs smooth as silk now!!!! Thanks guys for all the info and guidance on this!!! Can't wait to get out and try it!!!

Lmao!!! Ok guys you know its a sad day when you spend big money on a purches on feebay have all these isues and now i gotta zip tie the control box to the rod!
ubanuqug.jpg
to keep it from falling off!! Geee whizz what's next???? !!!!! Sad thing is i found out its a member on here!

You'll forget about all the little problems when you use it and realize how crazy impressive the performance is on these machines. :D

Both of mine were a little loose on the V clips, but are going in waterproof boxes anyway. ;)

Lmao!!! Ok guys you know its a sad day when you spend big money on a purches on feebay have all these isues and now i gotta zip tie the control box to the rod!
ubanuqug.jpg
to keep it from falling off!! Geee whizz what's next???? !!!!! Sad thing is i found out its a member on here!

Buy yourself a new mount here they are cheap enough...

http://radioworld.ca/8004-0012-p-8387.html

You may be able to get some thin foam/rubber with adhesive on one side, and stick it in the groove to it keep it snug.

It's not so much loose as the piece that holds the unit front and back have been replaced with scrap metal and a bunch of epoxy! quick fix i guess.

Back
Top Bottom