new camera!

007tallguy

Elite Member
someone asked me a while back how come i never show any footage of my "digs"? well, i finally bought myself a tiny little action cam late last week. :D
i did consider getting the Go Pro, but got a better deal on an iON Air Pro. seems to be a good little rig and quite versatile!
the attached youtube vid is my first attempt at editing and trying different stuff, added a few still shots at the beginning of this short clip, but hoping to improve as i get better acquainted with this cam. i do see that i have to hold my finds much closer to the lens in order to see what they are. :roll:
the iON has a very wide angle (170 degrees) and since i had headphones on, you can't hear the detector through the camera. i'll have to work on that issue. :yes: and the camera doesn't "beep" when you press the buttons, it vibrates instead. it almost feels like a huge pro pointer on the shaft of the At Pro. :lol:
anywho, comments or questions?
thanks for looking,

Pete ;)

Quality looks great! Nice audio!

Interesting you don't use a sand scoop? Do you always dig sand like dirt? That's the way I've done it a few times, but other times have used a homemade hand scoop.

You're scaring me with no gloves..;)

thanks! yep, great quality but the production part needs some work. :lol:

i do have a handheld scoop but i didn't have it with me that day. :mad: and that was a very rare occasion where i didn't wear gloves. every 2 minutes i was taking them off to start/stop the camera and i ended up just leaving them off. for the most part i was "digging" and moving enough sand with the propointer to reveal my targets but my scoop and gloves will be in my hands next time around. :yes: ironically, one item i found that day was a large sewing needle! what it was doing at the beach, i don't know.

Cross-stitch needle I would bet. I've seen folks doing knitting and cross stitch on the beach. That aside, nice quality video. Congrats on the new camera.
Rich

thank you sir! and this little clip isn't the HD file, that was much too big to try to upload and edit. whenever i start recording, the camera automatically makes 2 identical videos, one is in HD and the other is a much smaller file for uploading, so what you see here is the lower quality footage. ;)
i gotta mount it on a stick and try some underwater footage with it and see if there's really any fish out there. lol. :lol:

oh, ok. i never thought of that with the needle. where i was there's nothing but open ocean so i don't think there was much of a chance that it washed in, although it's still remotely possible. :roll:

Pete

Back
Top Bottom