F2 question, I think I just realized I'm an idiot

Capt. Morgan

Elite Member
Ok, so I have an F2 w/ DD coil. I'm still learning my machine, and in the process I usually swing pretty fast. I am picking up tons of clad, but no silver. Tonight, for some reason I decided to slow down my swing and pick a part of my yard that I have already scanned. I hit a spotty dime signal about 6" down, and you know what I found?...A rosie...not just any rosie, but a 1965!...so..... still no silver.:mad:

So my question is: By slowing down my swing will my F2 go deeper? Or was this just a fluke tonight?

Thanks!

Yeah your area of detection is shaped like a cone V So at the deepest point of detection the area would be smaller. Slowing down your swing speed and overlapping your swings would enable you to sniff out some of the deeper silver.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's right. For small targets. However, sometimes you'll need to do very fast and short sweeps to pick up larger coins around 8 or more inches. I'm not sure why, but it's been the case for two of my large coppers. They just didn't read until I started making quicker passes.

Great post digger. Seems like I need to start all over now.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom