Pocket spill??

Greenriver Greg

An absolutely beautiful day today. Spent a few hours working around a old garage we own and for my efforts history rewarded me with 94 cents. Still no silver, but maybe one day. I did find 4 cents in the same plug, 3 of those were wheaties the oldest being 1941, thinking maybe they were a pocket spill. This brings my grand total since I've start to a whopping 1.66 šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ The retirement light is at the end of the tunnel...or maybe that's a train.

Attachments

• 20190203_162011-800x640.jpg
    20190203_162011-800x640.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 215
We all start somewhere and I started in my yard with a machine that I could not understand what it was telling me. Heck I was excited to see pennies come out of the dirt. In fact I still enjoy seeing a wheat penny come out of the dirt. My success has improved over the years as will yours.

We all start somewhere and I started in my yard with a machine that I could not understand what it was telling me. Heck I was excited to see pennies come out of the dirt. In fact I still enjoy seeing a wheat penny come out of the dirt. My success has improved over the years as will yours.

I like to let my mind wander and think about the person and circumstances that put the coins on the ground. It's my weak minded version of time travel I suppose.

You're off to a good start, the really good finds are all still ahead of you. For me, most of the fun is in puzzling over what events put that coin, relic, or whatzit in the place I found it.

Found this beast also today. A water pipe and valve I believe. Horizontal at about 3-4 inches down. I thought I had found the Ark of the Covenant for a second. Good grief. :roll:

Attachments

• 20190203_212642-376x787.jpg
    20190203_212642-376x787.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 127
Digging Wheat's puts you back to the possibility of Silver. There is a light at the end of the tunnel Greg but in this hobby the tunnel never ends. Good luck in your future adventures. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom