Truth in Advertising...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
I was in sales for decades...Truth and honesty were my catchwords in everything I ever sold.
If I didn't believe in it I didn't try hard to sell it, people seemed to respond to this strange sort of behavior because I sold products worth millions of dollars and had a vast amount of recommendations and repeat customers over my career.
Not quite the same nowadays sometimes in what we experience out there in the retail world or in the oh so carefully worded company descriptions.

This girl wanted to match her last year's total of selling 300 boxes of Girl Scout cookies plus get as many boxes as she could sent to the troops overseas.
Her father told her he had an old friend that was rich so maybe he would buy a few boxes.
Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs fame is the guy her father works with and he sent him an e mail telling him about something funny his daughter did.
He then talked about it on a Facebook post...and it went viral.

She was up to 24,000 boxes sold when this article came out this morning, probably much more now.

She was brutally honest in her cookie reviews and it was hilarious and that is what did it.
Watch the vids in this link, Mike Rowe's is further down....

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features...lly-honest-reviews-lead-to-sales-records.html

Honesty IS always the best policy.

Good for her! I've seen many good causes now go viral after being mentioned on blogs/media where they raised well over (like 1,000x's over) what a group/cause was needing. It's amazing what happens when people back up their thoughts with contributions.

But, how is she going to deliver ALL those cookies??? Do the girl scouts ship them now? My sister was a girl scout for a large troop and I remember our garage stuffed to the brim with cookies.

Back
Top Bottom