Going magnet fishing!

Skwerly

Elite Member
I have read quite a few threads on here about the hobby, but only after I searched -- I hadn't heard of it at all before a few days ago. I posted a metal detecting day on Facebook and someone asked me if I also magnet fished.

"Huh?" I asked.

The rest is history. I ordered two good-sized magnets, different types, and a pal and I are going to hit the water first chance.

Any cool stories/pictures/finds from the members here who magnet fish?

Just asking but what do you find with a magnet in the water. Can't find gold or silver not even clad

From the couple YouTube videos I've seen, you can get stuff like knives, pliers, watches, rings, et cetera. One guy found an entire bike frame. Some find guns. Eh, I guess it's just fun.

From the couple YouTube videos I've seen, you can get stuff like knives, pliers, watches, rings, et cetera. One guy found an entire bike frame. Some find guns. Eh, I guess it's just fun.

I see. I fish the river a lot I should get one never no what you'll find.

Yeah! I can't believe I hadn't thought of this myself. Irking, especially considering how cheap these magnets are!

Both the ones I got are capable of 30 pounds; I figure if it weighs any more than that it can stay down there. :D

I got two types: One was long and chrome and the other one was round and red. I'll see which one works best (if either) and then go in that direction. I got one off Amazon and one off eBay; neither was more than $20. The one on Amazon was less than $5!

I'd start by going to either place and searching for "treasure magnet."

:)

I bought one and some paracord. Super strong magnet. Almost lost it once when it got stuck on a cable holding the boat dock! Thankfully when I walked way off at an angle it released!

Other than that all I've caught in a few outings is iron bits and black sand.

Caught on some rocks too once, my wife was swimming in the lake and got it unstuck for me :lol:

I think jigging from a boat would be best...

I'll post a pic of my setup when I get home.

There is a guy in this forum somewhere in Europe I think, and he fishes in the rivers.
Pretty funny to watch too:yes:

Yep. If you google 'magnet fishing' and then go to images, you'll see quite a few magnets completely covered in coins.

The red one from eBay has arrived. Strong sucker! Quarter added to weak photos for perspective. :)

16649382_10210661555889214_8401301333336331132_n.jpg

16508921_10210661556209222_3109681615475422400_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom