Went metal detecting and came back with this

bergie

Forum Supporter
Found one wheat penny two nickels and three memorials. Decided to go saw some logs up. My little buddy was bored with the whole situation as you can tell in the picture. She said we should be metal detecting instead of doing this dumbness.:lol: Wound up with somewhere around 600 or 700 feet. Had one log that was kind in a s shape so I cut 2 inch thick boards figured would make a good tabletop. They are the ones with the bark still on them. I think they are somewhere around 2 foot wide didn't actually Measure them. Still have a bunch on the farm that needs cut not sure if I'm going to cut lumber or sell them for logs. These are ash logs that are being destroyed by the ash borders so will do something with them as they are dying

Attachments

• 016 (480x640).jpg
    016 (480x640).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 017 (480x640).jpg
    017 (480x640).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 211
  • 015 (480x640).jpg
    015 (480x640).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 013 (480x640).jpg
    013 (480x640).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 199
  • 014 (480x640).jpg
    014 (480x640).jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 191
Good work on the sawing , sure could use the dust for horse bedding :grin:
HH hunting and sawing.

Good work on the sawing , sure could use the dust for horse bedding :grin:
HH hunting and sawing.

The saw dust I use down in the garage to soak up hydraulic fluid and motor oil. A lot cheaper than buying the oil dry.:lol:

Great! We have a lot of beetle kill ash up here too...shame because its such a wonderful wood..I make stuff out of it myself..mainly oars and paddles and pushpoles...Nice job there Bergie!

Attachments

• paddles.jpg
    paddles.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 140
Nice boards! I've been burning ash logs in my wood stove for the last couple years, not the most dense wood but I can load up my Silverado bed for $50 and burn most of the winter off that.

Great! We have a lot of beetle kill ash up here too...shame because its such a wonderful wood..I make stuff out of it myself..mainly oars and paddles and pushpoles...Nice job there Bergie!

Hey there Mudpuppy, don't forget the awesome machete handles you make. My brother, cousin, and I have all been loving ours!

Neat being able to cut your own lumber ! (especially with the price of solid wood as compared to particle board stuff !)

I got several very large trees on my property, but not enough to make it worthwhile getting that equipment.

When I first saw your post it reminded me of "The Waltons" and how they had their own lumber business -
waltons_lumber.jpg

Nice work there I really like the one with the fish on it

Nice boards! I've been burning ash logs in my wood stove for the last couple years, not the most dense wood but I can load up my Silverado bed for $50 and burn most of the winter off that.

I am cutting all the tops up for Firewood also. I think firewood a round here is averaging $75-$80 a pickup load for hardwood. I usually burned somewhere a round 25 pickup loads

Neat being able to cut your own lumber ! (especially with the price of solid wood as compared to particle board stuff !)

I got several very large trees on my property, but not enough to make it worthwhile getting that equipment.

When I first saw your post it reminded me of "The Waltons" and how they had their own lumber business -
View attachment 375543

Back in the good old days when men were men. I never touch a board until I start stacking it in the building. The sawmill automatically turns them and lifts them up on the rails. Then the tractor with the folks on picked it up off the sawmill and lays them on the trailer. Probably would kill me if I would have to handle every board as they come off the sawmill:lol:

Back in the good old days when men were men. I never touch a board until I start stacking it in the building. The sawmill automatically turns them and lifts them up on the rails. Then the tractor with the folks on picked it up off the sawmill and lays them on the trailer. Probably would kill me if I would have to handle every board as they come off the sawmill:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I know the feeling, I used to be able to mow my 1 1/2 acres with a push mower, last year I finally got a lawn tractor, not that I minded hard physical work, but it was getting rough to use a push mower in the summer heat :lol:

Back
Top Bottom