Going on a Metal Detecting Holiday!

Billy

My Girlfriend Natalie and I are leaving tomorrow on a 8 Day Holiday, leaving Perth Western Australia to these West Australian Towns Coolgardie, Kalgoorlie, Esperance, Hopetown, Albany, Margaret River, Denmark, Busselton and no doubt many other areas of South Western Australia.
Should be great, hope to do some Metal Detecting on Beaches, Ghost Towns, and maybe even a bit of amateur gold detecting around the Goldfields (Kalgoolie, Coolgardie)
Hiring a Camper Van ”The Wanderer” for the week, should be great fun and hope to do some serious camping under the stars and bush cooking!
No doubt will have plenty of Metal Detecting photos of my finds when I return! And hope to find some nice old bottles! Taking my Minelab E-Trac and Minelab Excallibur ll.

See some pics of where I am going here:

http://www.losttreasure.com.au/2008/10/31/going-on-a-metal-detecting-holiday/

Good luck Billy from one Aussie to another, Try Widgiemooltha a couple of hours south of Kal, I found some great peices there, and theres a track that takes you to a hill out there that is the highest point around. You can see for miles and miles. Worth the drive for the veiw and the gold.

Cheers

Whitey

From what I hear, Australia is a great place. My son spent 6 months there as an Architecture exchange student in Geelong. Your trip sounds great, best of luck to you & hope you have some great finds to show us later! Cheers!
GiGi

Been to Australia twice, but only the east coast. Wish I could join you!

Have a blast, and please share your finds when you return!

emdees

Looks like a great place......
Have fun.... but stay safe..... looking forward to your finds when you return.....

Back
Top Bottom