Finally a short hunt

L0S3R

Elite Member
So it’s been rainy and snowy here, ground has been staying frozen. I finally got to hit a local park. I’ve hit this park numerous times and found a lot of clad and a nice silver ring. Figured it’s time to clean it up with my new nox.

Well the wife has other plans and by time I got to the park I had less than a half hour, before about 30 hood rats showed up. I had my 3 kids with me so we left.

I dug a total of 6 holes. 2 only had the wire they hold the basketball court fences with, man those sound good lol.

Another hole and out comes a quarter at 7”. Nothing good just a 1993. Next hole gave me 2 sounds so I dug, found a pulltab. Directly below it was a 1981 penny. That gave me hope on the separation abilities I’ve heard about. Then I got a steel coin shape, pretty sure it’s a utility box punch out.

But the last hole gave me a .32 auto bullet, never fired. But it’s not copper jacketed. Looked it up and found out it’s a Winchester western made between 1969 and 1987. It’s nickel plated which makes it a military round.

The park is very old but that bullet has been 33 years since it was made and I found it. Kinda scary the things we step on everyday. Dang thing is at least a year older than I am lol. I’ve pounded that park and so has many others with much better detectors than mine. It was only 4” deep and rang up like a quarter on the nox.

Careful with your diggers everyone.

8a92472d51c392660ff604149874bbf3.jpg

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Back
Top Bottom