• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Going on a cruise

ernie26507

I'm going on a cruise next month, has anyone ever taken their MD on a airplane and on a cruise? Any tips what to do and what not to do? Can use it on the beaches at stop or will I get a hard time for it?

This site has a search feature....the topic has been extremely well covered from every angle multiple times.

Yes, you can take your detector on a cruise and an airplane. You will likely have to check the detector and let the baggage crew run it over with a truck a few times though. Any digging tool will not be allowed through security.

Cruise lines typically don't have a problem with you bringing the detector but the destination may not allow it.

I took mine to Grand Cayman and Cozumel and should have just left it at home for all of the hassle. You will have to wait in a 5,000 person line to board and the same line of idiots to disembark....the detector and scoop gets heavy along with your luggage after about an hour in line.....

Just returned from Florida where I broke down my detector and stuck it in my checked luggage. No problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, Just returned from Florida I packed the control box and PP in my carry on , the rest got checked . Good Luck
HH

Back
Top Bottom