Going on a trip

dobermanduke

Hello

I am a newby so please bear with me. Actually I have had a detector for a couple years just no time to get out and use it. Well I am taking my wife to Australia for a holiday and we will be staying in a beach house for 9 days. I am hoping to take my machine if space allows. It will give me something to do when we have some down time, I can't just sit on the beach. Because of the limits to my luggage I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for me to MacGyver a sand scoop when I get down there. I want to make it easy to find all those gold rings on Australia's Gold Coast:laughing:

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Dobermanduke

Look up coin, gold and silver shops and find out if they will rent you a machine. Most "Whites" dealers do this. Very reasonable and a lot easier than traveling with your own MD. Plus you get to try a new machine!

One problem I see with a new machine is the time to learn it. However, if you are just using it for killing time anyway, as Gorgar said I can see this being fun.

Australia? Sheesh, that's a dream come true! Have you seen some of the nuggets from Australia? Hundreds of ounces on some. Bring tin snips, cut a large metal can and use that as a scoop. Your one lucky guy I think. Great country, good people and an awesome place to detect or prospect! Good luck and have a lot of fun.

Yes I admit i am a lucky guy. We are sharing the house with 2 other couples that are going with us. We have been saving for this for a while so if I find an ounce of gold that will help with the expenses :lol:
However it's more about having a little fun in the sun

Back
Top Bottom