Token with eagle on reverse, Israeli coin???

Bonesquat

Elite Member
Anyone know anything about these two objects? (not the wheat). :D

Found them at an older private school in town.

Thanks

UPDATE: found out I was right about the coin being from Israel. Just had a hunch. The lettering looked familiar. I think they made the coin in 1995. Not sure what it's worth in dollars. Probably not much. Still neat to find one though. Prettier than our coinage. Anyone know what is written on the coin?

Attachments

• IMAG1001.jpg
    IMAG1001.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 451
  • IMAG1002.jpg
    IMAG1002.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 413
The coin is pretty cool. Don't know anything about though. The other token is a generic arcade token. I've got about 50 of them. I remember getting really excited when I found the first one. The eagle was facing up when I dug it.:lol:

Keith

The coin is pretty cool. Don't know anything about though. The other token is a generic arcade token. I've got about 50 of them. I remember getting really excited when I found the first one. The eagle was facing up when I dug it.:lol:

Keith

Thanks Keith. Why did they have to make that eagle look so darn cool and old? Ugh

Yeah the token with the eagle is for an arcade, I just found another one yesterday, I have a few of them but are fun to find, come up around 12-39 on the Etrac if I remember right.....I like that wheat back....and the other coin looks cool too. It is a modern Israli Sheqalim. Contrats!

http://www.ioffer.com/i/modern-10-sheqalim-10-shekel-coin-of-ancient-palm-unc-137439107

At the bottom of the page you will see what the lettering means. It has an explanation of the words on the coin.

10-Sheqalim/10-Shekel

Date of Issue: January 7, 1995
OBVERSE: Palm tree with seven leaves and two baskets with dates, the emblem of the State of Israel (Menorah), the words "for the redemption of zion" (from an ancient coin) in ancient and modern Hebrew, vertical lines. Motif comes from the 4th year of the Jewish-Roman war one year before the destruction of the temple.
For Bible Text on "Palm tree" see Leviticus 23:40; Deuteronomy 34:3; Psalm 92:12; John 12:13
REVERSE: "10 New Sheqalim" and the word "Israel" in Hebrew, Arabic, and English along with the Date in Hebrew letters and vertical lines.
DIAMETER: Ring 23mm, Center 16mm, WEIGHT: 7 gr, EDGE: Reeded, THICKNESS: 2.2mm, ALLOY: Ring : Nickel Bonded Steel; Center: Aureate Bonded Bronze, DESIGN: by Reuven Nutels, Arabic Caligraphy: by Yousuf Wahba
Other stuff: In 1995 there was a special issue with an image of Golda Meir on the obverse.

Last edited:
Does your token have the initials RWM on the bottom?

RWM stands for Roger Williams Mint, and they are responsible for all these types of arcade coins.

Their website is gone! Seems like they got into some kind of trouble for making counterfeit tokens! :shock:

http://rwmtokens.blogspot.com/

Nice going on the 10 shekel!

Does your token have the initials RWM on the bottom?

RWM stands for Roger Williams Mint, and they are responsible for all these types of arcade coins.

Their website is gone! Seems like they got into some kind of trouble for making counterfeit tokens! :shock:

http://rwmtokens.blogspot.com/

Nice going on the 10 shekel!

Looks like just HM. Thanks for the information. Maybe the little token will be worth something someday.

Back
Top Bottom