New from Upper Lower Michigan

Manituwa

Upper Lower? - confusing if you're not from here. An hour south of the bridge. Just up from your wedding band if you look at the back of your hand. 45th parallel and not far from the town of Gaylord if you want to use a map. And buried in snow like all of Michigan. Do they make a double D coil with a heater to melt the snow as you move along? Anyway, just joined and looking forward to learning a thing or two here.

Welcome to the Forum! I'm just a bit south of you, like at the little finger knuckle....Heres what I do...Bag coil and hunt sled hills, bagging the coil keeps the snow from balling up on it and making it weigh a ton.......or find some open water and proceed accordingly.........

Attachments

• bag coil-2.jpg
    bag coil-2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 269
  • snow3.jpg
    snow3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 271
  • dec 713-1.jpg
    dec 713-1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 319
  • ice 1.jpg
    ice 1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 271
  • feb 11-17-1.jpg
    feb 11-17-1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 282
  • jan 7-16.jpg
    jan 7-16.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 260
You actually do snow detect! I stare out the window at all the snow and sweep the basement carpet in All Metal mode looking for re-rod. I'll have to give that coil baggie some thought.

Welcome from Kansas and Antiques Detectors. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!!

Welcome from SW OH but originally from the UP. We refer to you guys as the Trolls beneath the bridge.

Hello from Western Australia! You can invest in one of these perhaps? Should melt the snow in seconds! ;)

Attachments

• flamethrower.jpg
    flamethrower.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 266
Oh!!!!! that's some good fudge coming out of those parts. Make a special stop just for that wherever passing through that area to visit the folks.

That's me in one of Mud-puppy's pictures (the tall goofy looking guy). I live near Mud but was just up in Wolverine at our family cottage on silver lake this past week.

Silver Lake is very nice. Riding bikes on the old RR grade for lunch at the Thirsty Sturgeon. Believe it or not, but my wife and I saw a cougar just south of there last summer.

Welcome, from the Grand Rapids area.

Unlike Mud I detect inside, my new NEL tornado coil did a great job finding the screws in my floorboards.

Michigan seems to be well represented here. No wonder I can't find any good stuff. You guys already have it! :(

:welcome2: to the forum from the Great Black Swamp in NW Ohio! I'm perfectly content to wait for the tundra to melt away - call me soft, but my delicate, pasty skin has absolutely no love to be out in the single digit temps, subzero wind chills, and drifting snow we've currently got here in Ohio! I'll gladly eat my fudge, drink a stout, and enjoy the cozy heat while looking out the window at the pretty landscape and waiting for March...late March if need be :lol:

Oh!!!!! that's some good fudge coming out of those parts. Make a special stop just for that wherever passing through that area to visit the folks.

And beer - great beer coming out of Michigan! I figured at this time of year, there's not much else for them to do up there other than brew beer and watch the snow get deeper...and, apparently, metal detect! Who knew... :laughing:

Silver Lake is very nice. Riding bikes on the old RR grade for lunch at the Thirsty Sturgeon. Believe it or not, but my wife and I saw a cougar just south of there last summer.

We ate there on new years eve. I had the black and blue bacon burger and wife had the whitefish sandwich. Small worlde.

Back
Top Bottom