• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Marathon Hunt Yields Some Small Old Gold

jjm861

Elite Member
Like many of us So. Cal. hunters, we had to take advantage of the monster swells we had the last few days. In fact, the conditions look so promising, I snuck in a vacation day yesterday.

The beach that I hunted had plenty of targets to keep me busy. Not pictured are the pennies I found. However, unlike most hunts, a good portion of the 100 or so pennies were old greenies....I know for sure there are even a couple of wheaties in the mix.

The find of the day was the 10k old gold signet ring. As you can see by the pictures it was in rough shape. After a little cleaning, I can barley make out the inscription that says....Mom.

Good Luck....Be Safe....Jeff.

P.S. The greenie Kennedy Half was also a fun find.

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 584
  • IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 590
:dingding:Congrats on the gold and making it shiny again!

Nice running into yesterday Jeff, wish my scoop didn't fail early on the hunt :facepalm: Congrats on your first gold for 2019, looks like its been soaking in the wet sand for a long time!

Looks like a good use of a vacation day and a fun hunt Jeff! Congrats on the old gold and impressive clad count! :yes: I would have thought that the big swells would "open" up more of our local beaches but apparently not. I think the timing with the tides was just a bit off. :?:

2.78g of 10k at today's melt is worth...

Wait for it...

$47 AND NINETY EIGHT CENTS!

Nice! What are the large coins?

R5

2.78g of 10k at today's melt is worth...

Wait for it...

$47 AND NINETY EIGHT CENTS!

Nice! What are the large coins?

R5

Hey Raider....interesting enough, I just finished tumbling the coins from the hunt. The large coins are a Sacajawea dollar and a 1966 Kennedy half.

Yep .... those have been there.... good score. Jeff..... have you gotten to look at the MDT 8000 some of the guys are swinging out your way?

Yep .... those have been there.... good score. Jeff..... have you gotten to look at the MDT 8000 some of the guys are swinging out your way?

Hey Dew,

I have not seen or heard of anyone using the MDT 8000 for beach hunting here in So. Cal. Even though it looks like a promising machine, I am going to hold out for the Manta. I know I may be waiting awhile, but I believe the Manta is going to be the ticket for my hunting conditions.

On a side note, I see Sunspot now “Stealth” scoops has relocated to So.Cal. By the looks of the address, the new location is only 20 minutes from my office. May have to pay them a visit soon :yes::D

Good to see you scored some yellow .
Love the beach reports.
Just wishing I was fishing out west with you guys .
It's going to be a long winter .
Please Keep us dreamers posted .
,Dew

A Very

Productive hunt Jim, congrat's on the gold, hey just looked at that pick again, look's like a nice emerald bro., have it checked out, Earl

Back
Top Bottom