Some Short Hunt Gold!

Up the good work George, nice looking ring, Earl
Thanks Earl, Well, I tried to "keep up the good work" last night but the ocean closed up her purse pretty quickly and I got skunked!

:dingding: Love it! I don't understand why someone would've put a date in a ring that doesn't look like any type of wedding or engagement ring.
Thanks Felix, yes, I thought it was kind of odd too but people were odd in the 80's! :lol:

Love those nugget rings and with ice too! Very cool. Congrats on a nice score!
Thank you Saltshaker! I pretty much love anything in that color! :roll: However, these nugget rings often look heavier than they are. :?:

Congrats on the gold...nice ring!
Thank you Captain, That's, at least, 4 gold rings in a row without a silver ring- very strange but I'm not complaining! ;)

awesome find george :cool: looking ring how heavy?:D
Thank you brncofan, 5.2 grams. Funny how they always look bigger and heavier when you find them. Looks like a man's ring but doesn't even fit on my smallest finger. :wow:

Grats man!
Thank you Metal!

Keep that gold streak going George....you are off to an awesome 2019. You are right, those nugget rings were very popular back in the 70’s and 80’s.
Thanks Jeff, Now we need another storm like we had 2 years ago when found all that gold and silver! :yes:

Congrats on a nice find. Hope you keep the streak alive!
Thanks Numil, Unfortunately, the streak came to a crashing halt last night in a hunt with Romy. I have yet to find any gold while hunting with forum member Romy. On the other hand, Romy has found some spectacular gold while hunting with me. I suppose it could just be a coincidence! :?: :grin:

Very nice!!!!
Thank you Vermonster!

Man Compass congrats on that hunk of gold!!!
Thanks Worm, Yes, that one felt good! :yes:

Congrats on the ring!
Thank you twizzlerlord!

nice looking ring-congrats
Thanks melbajoe, If you look closely you may be able to see the break on the left side of the ring with a little build up of verdigris. At first I thought I had broken it when scooping but it looks like it has been that way a while.

Now that's one heck of a beauty compass.
Thanks Dog! Well I always try to "flatter" my rings with the best possible picture. :lol: In real life it isn't quite as beautiful but 5.2 grams is 5.2 grams! :yes:

Beautiful ring, the "Goldilocks zone" gotta love it!
WTG Compass
Thanks 3.1R8, While I wouldn't say I "knew" I was going to find gold I really was not all that surprised either. At this particular beach with those conditions I've pulled a fair amount of gold and silver over the years. :yes:

Luv it! Good to hear from fellow Californians. Who needs those pesky Large cents anyhow, eh ? Nice to see some shiny yellow :)

Some buddies of mine from up here finally got into some thick pockets after that Wed. PM south swell too. Got ~400 coins between them, and 4 nice gold rings.

The few beaches I checked turned out to be stingy. Ouch. :(

Nice chunk-o-gold there Compass! :thumbsup:

R5
Thanks Raider, It sure was nice to see that one. :yes:

Luv it! Good to hear from fellow Californians. Who needs those pesky Large cents anyhow, eh ? Nice to see some shiny yellow :)

Some buddies of mine from up here finally got into some thick pockets after that Wed. PM south swell too. Got ~400 coins between them, and 4 nice gold rings.

The few beaches I checked turned out to be stingy. Ouch. :(

Thanks Tom, Yes, this hobby can be pretty frustrating- you wait weeks or months for the right swell/tide combination but then you still have to find the right beach!

Nice ring Compass..... congrats!

strick
Thank you Strick!

Awesome find, I always like the look of those nugget rings!
Thanks Z, I do too but there aren't too many gold rings I don't like the look of! :lol:

ohhh so sweet ...nice un
Thank you Leslie!

Back
Top Bottom