storage rack

I use one of these, about $5.00 at Walmart. Comes with 5 clamps, you can use as many or as few clamps as you want and they will slide on the track to where you want them. P.S. I never hang my detectors by the coil end either. Even though I never detect around any water I just got in the habit of not hanging them coil end up as I read on one the forums years ago where a fella hung his coil end up and the water ran down the rods and went inside the control box and ruined his detector.

Attachments

• Mop-and-Broom-holder.jpeg
    Mop-and-Broom-holder.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 467
I'm needing to build or buy a storage rack to hang my detectors in the basement office. Requirements are that it hold the detector with the coil down and I don't have to attach anything to the detector. I don't want it to be too ghetto either like a couple nails spread like a V to hold the detector and the detector has to be off the ground.

I'm envisioning something hanging that I can lift my detector up to, and then slide it down and have it lock into place. I don't want the coil to have to slide into a slot though, it has to be a one piece design that mounts up high for the detector to fit in. Also I tend to hang my headphones on the detector as well as pinpointers and other things, so that might rule out something that grips to the shaft or handle. That basically leaves something that interfaces with the cuff.

This worked great for me. And seems to fit all your requirements.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Made...715?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43da0e66b3

And its not an eye sore.

Here is a shot of my detector room. The baby things aren't detector accessories they belong to my Grandson.:lol: All my detectors and coils are hung from brackets. The brackets are just the right width to slide the rod between them and rest the control box on the bracket. They are padded or plastic coated to keep from scratching the detector. If it interests you, I can take another photo of just the bracket or holder. All the brackets are fastened to a 1x6 that is painted to match the wall. The photo is over a year old, the F2 is gone and a Deus took its place.:D

Back
Top Bottom