Anyone use an RFI EMI Filter?

I may just try one of these for the heck of it. They are only $5. My main issue is when my cell phone rings or I get a text message while I am out. The cell phone drives my detector crazy.

For that price, it is worth getting one just for a test relative to your cell phone situation!

KT has noticed something with His new Tesoro Compadre and the Garrett Propointer....When turning the PP off, even if away from the detector...the Detector beeps once! Wonder if that is due to EMI being emitted by the PP or what???:?:

I was browsing ebay today and came across something for metal detectors called a clip on RFI EMI filter, which claims to filter out interference from power lines and such. Has anyone tried one? I am not the seller of the item at the link below, just wondering if it is a scam or will actually help me with my ace 350.

Well, the main function of EMI filter is to filter out the interference from the power supply. Suppose, you have a radio transmitter and a computer and you are running them at the same time. As all the communication depends on the frequency, there is high probability of interfering the frequencies with one another. EMI filter allows only a certain range of frequency to transmit and cancel out others.

Seen some were going to try it or a ferrite bead of some sort.

Did it work for anyone who tried it?

Back
Top Bottom