Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Show Me Treasure
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 09-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Co-owner

Default Snake Creek Campground

We just got back from Snake Creek campground, which is about an hours drive from us on Francis Case Lake. We rented a cabin for 30 bucks a night, it's the first time we have ever rented a cabin, and it was pretty cool, and a good decision because it poured down raining all day yesterday .

I did a little detecting while we were there. I walked the shoreline, finding a recently dropped quarter, 2 fishing weights and 4 pulltabs. When I got to the beach, which is a pretty decent size, I found "nothing" except a pulltab.

There were tracks there which could only come from a beachsweeper. A very good beach sweeper I might add.

This is one beach that Vlad was wanting to jump in and do some water hunting, but we didn't have enough time for that.
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Co-owner

We're getting so that we like going camping during the week instead of weekends. The campground is empty! We were like the only ones there.
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Elite Member

Looks like some great camping and hunting grounds guys!! I'm glad you're enjoying your new home!! HH!