Tokens n Indians n wheaties oh my !

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
Oh my, what a hunt ! No silver, but a great hunt none the less. I wanted to take the Equinox back to my 1890s permission, I first hit this place spring of 2016. That day I did a dime trifecta-twice and also dug my first IH.-first Barber dime along with a bunch of wheaties and other cool stuff. All in all I've got at least a dozen silver coins, a sterling cub scout ring, a LC, and all but one of my IHs there. Not to mention it seems like I always find a cool token of some sort there. (last pic). I started with the AT Pro, stock coil then the 5x8 and the Nel Storm. In spring 2017 I went back with an E-trac stock coil, after thinking, no way I missed anything, in one weekend, maybe 10 or 12 hours I pulled 19 more coins including a sweet 1883 IH and a couple of Mercs. Back with the 6in. Coiltek and the 10x12 SEF I managed a few more. Never got skunked at this site yet. Now comes the Equinox--let me see what you got ? After a couple of junk targets I get a 19 -- 20, meter says 4in. Back up, still hunting in Park 2 multi- 5-tone, everything else default, sensitivity as high as site will allow. Anyway I call IH. Flip the plug, about 3 1/2 in down I pull a coin, I can see the bonnet just enough to know its an IH. Nothin to get worked up about, BUT---I have been over this particular walkway countless times, swinging in this direction, How did I miss this signal ? First token came in at 24- 25, I was surprised when I saw large disc, thought maybe another LC and a penny trifecta. The other token rang in 20 -21, I thought another IH. Wasn't sure what is was till I got it home and got some light on it. I do love digging tokens.The last two targets, it was getting dark I think were the Wheaties, 21- 22. 7-8 in. down Now, I did chase some iron today. Like you do when you first start hunting with an E-trac. Not sure why,past couple of hunts the non-ferrous signal seemed to jump out betwixed the ferrous signals, not today. These were iffy signals, but I paid my money and want to see what the machine is trying to tell me. So I dug. I forgot, I got a 62 Memorial and a clad dime in one plug as well.. So There you have it---2 IHs--2 wheaties--2 tokens--2 clad, on a pretty well pounded site. I will say--on the coins and tokens dug--there was no doubt, you had a good digable target. Going back tomorrow, my only hope. there is an old silver I have yet to get my coil over. Thank you and HH Mark 20180310_190212.jpg

20180310_203942.jpg

20180310_204206.jpg

20180310_204135.jpg

20180310_211744.jpg

Attachments

• 20180310_220706.jpg
    20180310_220706.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 364
Sure feels good to get out after our long PA winters, doesn't it? Nice hunt, for sure. Congrats!

Nice! I love those Green River Whiskey tokens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great finds... I like the Green River Whiskey Token -just read some history on that token---pretty cool :cool:

Nice write up and some great finds. Love those tokens. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Awesome

That Whiskey token is the Bomb.. Love it!!

First place I'm taking the Nox is my IH penny field. Not much silver from there in the past but have high hopes of the 800 unlocking more.
Tom

Back
Top Bottom