Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 10-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Elite Member

Default Day Trip To Vermont

On Tuesday Sue and I headed up to Vermont to see the fall foliage. The colors were about halfway to "peak" and the weather was nice, though a bit warmer than usual for this time of year. We stopped off at a roadside stand so that Sue could buy some pumpkins and vegetables and then stopped off in Bennington for dinner at Madison Brewing Company.
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2018, 12:55 AM
Elite Member

Nice time of year for a visit to VT, did you bring back some cheese too? Grafton cheese set up a place in Brattleboro that is well worth the visit. When I used to live up there I really liked the Grafton Gold cheddar, aged something like 4 years, when you bit in to it the salt crystals crunched.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by zeemang View post
Nice time of year for a visit to VT, did you bring back some cheese too? Grafton cheese set up a place in Brattleboro that is well worth the visit. When I used to live up there I really liked the Grafton Gold cheddar, aged something like 4 years, when you bit in to it the salt crystals crunched.
We didn't bring back any cheese although our route across route 9 took us through Brattleboro. I'd like to see the inside of the old Latchis theater there one of these days.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:27 AM
Elite Member

No trip to Vermont is complete without a Heady Topper - if you can find a place that has it on tap. Neigh impossible to get at a packy unless you know the delivery schedule and get there early.

Old 10-12-2018, 03:08 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by BottleCapKing View post
No trip to Vermont is complete without a Heady Topper - if you can find a place that has it on tap. Neigh impossible to get at a packy unless you know the delivery schedule and get there early.
Never had a Heady Topper. My favorite brew is Steel Rail Ale by Berkshire Brewing Company. In Vermont I had one called "Sucker Pond Blonde".

Old 10-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by diggin4clad View post
Never had a Heady Topper. My favorite brew is Steel Rail Ale by Berkshire Brewing Company. In Vermont I had one called "Sucker Pond Blonde".

I have only ever had one, and it was really good.