First silver find Ever!

Lunchbox

I found this with out my metal detector. I found it in a coinstar at my local grocery store
attachment.php

What do you mean, found it in a Coinstar? I thought that people put coins IN them, cashing in the receipt at the checkout?

Or do you work for Coinstar?

Disclaimer: I'm such a newbie, I don't own a detector yet.

Congrats on your first silver! :)

What do you mean, found it in a Coinstar? I thought that people put coins IN them, cashing in the receipt at the checkout?

Some people don't check the reject tray by the coinstar after they've put their coins through. So people (like the OP, and heaps of others on here) check the return tray, and occasionally find a silver or two in there. You can also find foreign coins in the reject tray

Congrats on finding your very first Silver Coin. If you enjoyed this experience you will you will be ecstatic digging that first Silver. Again congrats. Trapper

The coinstars have a reject slot, and do not accept silver. Sometimes people don't check the reject slot. Today I found a buck and a half worth of clad in the reject slot

The coinstars have a reject slot, and do not accept silver. Sometimes people don't check the reject slot. Today I found a buck and a half worth of clad in the reject slot

I had never heard of Coinstar before reading this thread , and upon checking their website I discovered that there are 3 within 12 miles of my house. I can see already that being a member of the FMDF.com family will not only make you wiser, but possibly richer too! :D Thank you very much.

I have my kids trained so that they check the coinstar as soon as they enter the grocery store:laughing:

Now remember coinstar finds do not count as detecting finds, just like coinroll hunting does not count, many people do it because it's fun. After all this is the "metal detecting forum". Thank You.

In six years of this hobby I have never found a silver coin in the reject slot of any kind of machine. Heck I have found a total of one coin in a coinstar. A 2017 clad dime.

Back
Top Bottom