• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Quest metal detectors

hanoverdigger

Elite Member
Is this company still active? I clicked on the banner from here... website not connected it says. I sent two emails over a month ago concerning repair costs on two Deteknix wireless transmitters and haven't heard back. They both went bad after minimal use. I know Deteknix switched over to Quest a while back. Thanks

They must be active. There are lots of Quest and Deteknix products listed on Amazon. Maybe check there or ask one of the vendors listed.

Cliff

Hi,
try questmetaldetectors.com. That site is their main website for the US at the moment.
Their email is [email protected]. Home office is somewhere in California.
That's the email I sent my questions to. I have two sets of the W6PRO setup with two no good transmitters. They did send me a free setup, but that transmitter went bad after a few times out... headphones worked good. I thought about getting one of their newer type transmitters, but I don't think I can trust it. Oh well, live and learn. Still waiting for a reply.

I've sent about 5 emails in the last 2 months about getting a Q20 repaired under warranty and have not heard back from them one single time... even tried to call them and it just rings...

Apparently abandoned the US market and their dealers who have been trying to sell off the stock they have on hand. Our local Canadian detector dealer has to order their products thru the parent company in China. Jason left Deteknix/Quest.............

Think Deteknix/Quest still have some leftover legal matters to deal with--First Texas.

I've sent about 5 emails in the last 2 months about getting a Q20 repaired under warranty and have not heard back from them one single time... even tried to call them and it just rings...
I've sent them two emails over the last month concerning two bad transmitters. Even posted the same question on a forum sponsored by them. No answer yet.

I've sent them two emails over the last month concerning two bad transmitters. Even posted the same question on a forum sponsored by them. No answer yet.

Yeah i don't think we will hear from them at all if ever... that's unfortunate cuz I still have a year left on my warranty and need my son's machine fixed or replaced...

Yeah i don't think we will hear from them at all if ever... that's unfortunate cuz I still have a year left on my warranty and need my son's machine fixed or replaced...
That's a shame...I was considering getting one of the newer transmitters, but don't think so now. I went ahead and got the Garrett wireless headphones/ transmitter.so's I could pair up with the ZLYNK pinpointer I had won in a contest. Did you try reaching out to the dealer you got it from or was this a private purchase? Good luck.

I have not contacted my dealer about it yet... but i will here in the next few days... maybe he will be able to figure something out... I will keep you updated...

Deteknics set up in California and tried to run a business in the US which sold machines which they later admitted, in response to a lawsuit by First Texas, were in fact pirate detectors. They settled that lawsuit and presumably agreed to perform certain obligations in future in order to induce First Texas to settle.

I had seen somewhere that there was another court action brought against them by First Texas.

Yes there is another action pending, but the documents are only available with subscription.

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public...xas_Products,_LLC_et_al_v_Deteknix_Inc_et_al

I have no information on what is alleged in this later suit, but for First Texas to go to the trouble and cost of filing a lawsuit, it must have been something which they considered significant. I have no data on it, but there is a pretty good clue in the docket information

Nature of Suit 190 Contract - Other Contract
Cause 28:1332 Diversity-Other Contract
The 28:1332 is a reference to “Diversity Breach of Contract”. when a party on one state alleges breach of contract by a party in another state, this doctrine in Federal Law allows them to go to Federal court seeking a remedy. I’m just speculating here, but we know that the settlement of the first lawsuit against Deteknics was by way of an agreement between the parties - an agreement likely including Deteknics agreeing to specific things like paying damages and court costs , or agreeing to carry out - or to desist from carrying out specific actions,. An agreement like this is a contract. Failure to pay the damages or carry out the “specific performace” agreed to would constitute breach of contract.

if the information earlier in this thread attributed to Sven is correct, it may have been enough to cause “Jason Deng” - (whose actual name is likely Mao Quang Deng - per the court documents) to leave the US. Who knows?

Deteknics set up in California and tried to run a business in the US which sold machines which they later admitted, in response to a lawsuit by First Texas, were in fact pirate detectors. They settled that lawsuit and presumably agreed to perform certain obligations in future in order to induce First Texas to settle.

I had seen somewhere that there was another court action brought against them by First Texas.

Yes there is another action pending, but the documents are only available with subscription.

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public...xas_Products,_LLC_et_al_v_Deteknix_Inc_et_al

I have no information on what is alleged in this later suit, but for First Texas to go to the trouble and cost of filing a lawsuit, it must have been something which they considered significant. I have no data on it, but there is a pretty good clue in the docket information

Nature of Suit 190 Contract - Other Contract
Cause 28:1332 Diversity-Other Contract
The 28:1332 is a reference to “Diversity Breach of Contract”. when a party on one state alleges breach of contract by a party in another state, this doctrine in Federal Law allows them to go to Federal court seeking a remedy. I’m just speculating here, but we know that the settlement of the first lawsuit against Deteknics was by way of an agreement between the parties - an agreement likely including Deteknics agreeing to specific things like paying damages and court costs , or agreeing to carry out - or to desist from carrying out specific actions,. An agreement like this is a contract. Failure to pay the damages or carry out the “specific performace” agreed to would constitute breach of contract.

if the information earlier in this thread attributed to Sven is correct, it may have been enough to cause “Jason Deng” - (whose actual name is likely Mao Quang Deng - per the court documents) to leave the US. Who knows?
I've read about the first lawsuit between the two. Didn't know about the second one. Could be the reason why no response to the email.

First texas sued them for selling a copy of one of their detectors I read that Quest agreed to discontinue doing so since it was a pirated copy of the first texas machine. I would check with a couple dealers that handled their stuff to see if they can shed any light on what may have happened.

Deteknix is now called Quest Metal Detectors.

I have their PI Pinpointer at £69.99 it's the BEST pinpointer i have ever owned.

Doesn't false and break like the crappy carrot.

I also Have their Diamond hand digger and it's GREAT!

However, before you start assuming i'm a Quest fanboy....NO WAY!

I would not pay £1/$1 for 10 of their Q40 detectors.

I have an Equinox 800.

My own personal opinion....their hand digger and pinpointers are second to none....but the Quest detectors, IMHO, SUCK!:laughing:

Matt

Back
Top Bottom