Wasn't expecting THAT

teotwawki12

Elite Member
Had no intention of going out today. Upper 30's and steady rain. Had kid duty. But I was relieved early and decided I wanted to go outside a little after 3PM. Found an old home site next to a county park next to the river not too far from home on a parcel map. Shows it is owned by the township.....my intention was to bushwhack around in the woods and try to find a dump or some surface bottles. No luck. Was pretty much soaked and getting cold, scratched up by thorns, pants ripped on barbed wire... but I carried my detector in so...what the heck.... Daylight was waning and I was shivery, but spent about a half hour around a tree where the old house was (no idea how old, I didn't look into it that far before going out). Got a bit of a surprise! I dug exactly eleven signals. Here is what I found:

Attachments

• KIMG0798.jpg
    KIMG0798.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 693
  • KIMG0802.jpg
    KIMG0802.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 690
  • KIMG0800.jpg
    KIMG0800.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 692
  • KIMG0801.jpg
    KIMG0801.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 675
  • DSCN0332.jpg
    DSCN0332.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 690
  • DSCN0335.jpg
    DSCN0335.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 679
That's a darn nice keeper to trash ratio! Sweet Walking Liberty - that's an awesome end of the year surprise. Looks like that'll be a fun site to explore a little more when the air is less wet. :yes:

Amazing aint it! The LP Central Michigan dirt is not frozen this time of the year? Thank you Algore! Great Half you got there Teo!

Love the big silver, it never gets old when they pop up. You boys up north are tuff, it was in the 70's down here in south Georgia today! I went out for and hour in a tea shirt and worked up a sweat.

That's a darn nice keeper to trash ratio! Sweet Walking Liberty - that's an awesome end of the year surprise. Looks like that'll be a fun site to explore a little more when the air is less wet. :yes:

Yeah, I dunno....map says it’s township property but it looks like it may have been surveyed recently. Prolly a big new house on the lot with lots of fill dirt in the spring......but if so, I got to it first!

Froze hard a couple weeks ago but warmed up...you guys to the West still in business?

Yep! We in bidness pretty much bigly!...Our Forum member Sturrat had a killer day yesterday, scooping silver Q's......I cant remember the dirt being this soft this late, and of course the beach is generally a mass of frozen amalgam....so yeah, I'm lovin' it! :laughing:

Thats one sweet Walker you got there though!...On Dec 31st in Michigan? Thats like unpossible!...I dare anybody to match that!

Great job on the walker and wheats. That tag is from a quality rose bush. shows they had some money, you might find more.

Penny

You did not find another tag from a rosebush!!!
What is going on?

BTW, love that Walker, nice save:D

Back
Top Bottom