A sad message!

CTCurt

Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Nine weeks ago, my nephew, (22 years old), crashed his car at a high rate of speed while texting on his phone. He has been in ICU since then. My brother and sister in law moved him to hospice yesterday, as the Surgeons told them there is too much brain damage for any hope of recovery. They disconnected his feeding tube today, and I will go see him tomorrow, kiss him on the cheek, and tell him goodbye. I know people are told not to text and drive. But some still feel the need to. I don't know what the answer is.........(Sorry I haven't been here much).....Night all......Curt

The message of your post is soberingly clear... No text or phone call is worth your life, or someone elses.

I am terribly sorry to hear about this, just too sad all the way around...

Hopefully this post will remind one person that that text can wait until you get to your destination, or you may never make it to your destination.

My thoughts are with you and the family....

Nine weeks ago, my nephew, (22 years old), crashed his car at a high rate of speed while texting on his phone. He has been in ICU since then. My brother and sister in law moved him to hospice yesterday, as the Surgeons told them there is too much brain damage for any hope of recovery. They disconnected his feeding tube today, and I will go see him tomorrow, kiss him on the cheek, and tell him goodbye. I know people are told not to text and drive. But some still feel the need to. I don't know what the answer is.........(Sorry I haven't been here much).....Night all......Curt

So sorry to hear that Curt. It's tragic, specially when it is so unnecessary.

The problem in the UK is so bad that they made a TV ad and played it on the tele at a time when teenagers were watching. It was so realistic, it scared the beejesus out of many of them.

If you or anyone else has young relatives that text while driving, show them the video.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/8Km2AxbaxDk

My thoughts , prayers and condolences to you and your family . When they're young , they feel invincible , they just think it would never happen to them . Very sad news .

Damn, sorry to hear. I do it occasionally, and am trying to stop, especially when my own kids are in the car. I need to start locking the phone in the glove box or something.

Prayers for you and the family!

This breaks my heart Curt. Prayers for you and your family to be able to move forward after all this recent stress. Stay strong my friend!

Back
Top Bottom