Any Rush (the band) fans?

CTCurt

Super Mod
Forum Supporter
So I've been a Rush fan since the early 70's. They are touring this summer, and the closest they will be to me is Toronto. Cool. Toronto is their hometown, and thought it would be a great show to see. I have seen them many times over the years, and feel like I've grown old with them....:lol: This could be one of their last tours, as they are in their 60's. Tried to get tickets for the June19th show and they are sold out. I remember going to see a Maple Leafs game years ago, and they were sold out as well. Had to buy tix from a scalper, and was told scalping is legal in Ontario province. Paid a lot more than face value for the tickets. Anyone know if this is true? Oh well, if I can't find tickets, I'll just watch a concert on Youtube....:yes: Has anyone seen the R40 logo for this tour? Has a guy from the Moving Pictures album cover, retired and Metal Detecting. Pretty cool......:grin:

Attachments

• rush.jpg
    rush.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 317
Rush is one of the greatest bands ever, they are right in my age bracket so I grew up with them. I don`t have all their albums yet, but I am working on it!

I saw Geddy Lee on VH1's That metal show he was saying that this will be their last tour, for quite sometime. hope the play in Minneapolis ?

I saw them 1980, Moving Pictures, Portland, Oregon. My first concert, it was a great show, wasn't disappointed at all.

I too grew up listening to them. One of my favorites. Saw them Orlando back in 95, they were awesome of course.

Ahem...

I happened to be at the Michigan Palace in Detroit on November 9th 1974...the year of their first U.S. tour...ever.
ZZ Top came close, but this was the loudest 3 piece band at any concert I ever attended.
I still have some ringing in my ears from that one but I don't care...I was a huge fan.

Just for giggles and kicks I also went to one of the 2 concerts they did at that same venue in late December of that same year when they played a double bill with KISS and it was festival seating so this time we got there real early and sat way closer, almost next to the stage.
At that one I was both singed badly and went deaf for several hours after.

Good times...good times.

Ahem...

I happened to be at the Michigan Palace in Detroit on November 9th 1974...the year of their first U.S. tour...ever.
ZZ Top came close, but this was the loudest 3 piece band at any concert I ever attended.
I still have some ringing in my ears from that one but I don't care...I was a huge fan.

Just for giggles and kicks I also went to one of the 2 concerts they did at that same venue in late December of that same year and it was festival seating so this time we got there real early and sat way closer.
At that one I was both singed badly and went deaf for several hours after.

Good times...good times.

I saw them in 1976, right after the release of 2112. They opened for Angel and Blue Oyster Cult. Life changing.....:yes:

Hi Curt:

Here is some Rush trivia for you. I used to work concert security for Harvey (Harvey Weinstein, now Merimac Pictures owner) & Corky Productions back in the late 70's and early 80's.

My job was to work center stage in between the crowd and the band and make sure no one jumped up on the stage. I worked center stage for about 150 concerts including many many big name groups. I even worked center stage in Buffalo NY on Dec 4, 1979 for the Who. That was the DAY AFTER the many people were trampled to death in a WHO concert in Cinncinnati.

In May of 1981, I happened to be working center stage at a Rush concert and I ended up on the cover of the album :). This cover shot was taken in Buffalo NY in early 1981. When the album first came out, I had no idea I was on the cover until the local FM radio station called me to tell me :) How cool is that. I have circled myself on the album cover. The second picture shows a 24" X 36" promotional poster of the album cover that I found last year. Cost me $100 for the poster and $325 to have it framed.

Attachments

• rush.jpg
    rush.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 269
  • rushposter.jpg
    rushposter.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 264
By the way, the tragedy at the Who concert in Cinncinnati on Dec 3, 1979 pretty much ended the festival seating (mentioned by Digger27) at big concerts.

Back
Top Bottom