Absolutely no detecting Arizona today

It’s been 3 weeks here with snow almost every day. Finally looking at temps going up into the low forties this weekend and into the fifties next weekend. We’ve been running 20 degrees below normal now for a month.

Wow! That is impressive! Even to us Northerners who are in over our heads; we don't see that much at one time too often. I actually saw a beautiful snow covering in AZ, similar to that many years ago. I remember using my Blazer's 4WD; not off-road that time, but on the drive between Flagstaff to Sedona.
Enjoy the prompt melt-off.

Back in the early 80s I went to high school in Wickenburg Arizona. I did see snow on the cactus a couple times. It is very beautiful.
Most of all we did not like the kids from Yarnell that were bused to our school. They would get to go home early because of snow on the mountain and we would have to stay in school the whole day.

Jan 3 2018 we got 7 inches of snow. We get a nice amount every 10 to 20 years. What are snow plows?? No such thing in our area. We just shut everything down until the snow melts.

Over one foot already & its only 9 am.
No work today either. LOL.
70725673b68615f115991ab6e27cf510.jpg
ffb562115105a166a54889ecb4a9f296.jpg
20a0ab9c7ed5dd595048776d6131f84b.jpg
df62a1fcfd443a21c5eb4ced36148109.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

NO JOKE! I heard a real intelligent politician today on a untrustworthy network news channel say "The reason the south west has gotten all this snow was because of GLOBAL WARMING":twisted:. :lol:

Over one foot already & its only 9 am.
No work today either. LOL.
70725673b68615f115991ab6e27cf510.jpg
ffb562115105a166a54889ecb4a9f296.jpg
20a0ab9c7ed5dd595048776d6131f84b.jpg
df62a1fcfd443a21c5eb4ced36148109.jpg

That's why my wife and I had to leave our property in the snowflake area of Arizona, we live off grid and had to four wheel out 10 miles to paved road when we left our place we had over 3 feet of snow siting on the ground and it was still coming down hard we ended up driving to the valley and staying with family, have lived in the Snowflake area for 6 years and never seen any winter like this one, we will have to stay with family for a month waiting for it to all melt off if not longer, strange weather we are having this year this is now the third snow we have had in the past month and each one worse then the one before, the first two we had about 14-16 inches each sitting on the ground and now this one there is no telling how much we ended up getting like I said there was about 36 inches when we four wheeled out of it my wife and I live at around 6500 feet

Crazy pics Mikey! I pulled up the sat weather radar and by golly, Arizona Arc Storm! I said to the Wife, I wonder how many innocent RV's and back yard sheds were crushed in this Arizona Snowmageddon calamity! :laughing:

Wow, I've gotten more comments on this than when I found a silver dime..:?:laughing:

Well, we like strangeness..Like 3 feet of snow falling in an area unexpected on top of a metal saguaro cactus made from horseshoes with a dog in the foreground!...so you did good with the pics!

Any old dummy can go find a silver dime in a Coinstar reject chute, so even though cool, its just too common to elicit a reply...

Imagine your reply count if you someday find a Gila Monster? We have not seen one of those yet!:laughing: Get cracking!:laughing:

Well, we like strangeness..Like 3 feet of snow falling in an area unexpected on top of a metal saguaro cactus made from horseshoes with a dog in the foreground!...so you did good with the pics!

Any old dummy can go find a silver dime in a Coinstar reject chute, so even though cool, its just too common to elicit a reply...

Imagine your reply count if you someday find a Gila Monster? We have not seen one of those yet!:laughing: Get cracking!:laughing:
Yes my dog was deciding where to "go" btw I did find a "toasty Merc" last week at an old house foundation, see my last post.

Back
Top Bottom