Starting off right.

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
Last years records show I wasn't able to get out till the 11th of Jan. Frozen ground and freezing temps kept me in but I remember the temps moderated a bit and I went to the woods, a good luck token with a wheatie was about all I got.(my 2018 avatar ). My first silver didn't come till March. A 64 Rosie. I went back to a 1920s place today where I had done pretty good there a few weeks ago. I got a nice sweet tone and 27-28 and about 6in. down I saw silver peeking back at me. This was the sixth silver I have found there. And like last year my first silver is a Rosie. 1960. I was hoping for something older but no complaints here. I also dug 6 wheaties 2 tokens, one I can't see any detail on but the other one is pretty cool. A lucky buck token for a store downtown. Coolest find of the day, I had a 25-26 that blew my eardrums out, when I pointed it with the carrot it pointed way too big to be a coin and I though ah no not another piece of lead. Had been fooled at least three times already. When I pulled it out at first i thought it was a belt buckle, COOL, didn't try to rub it. I figured I would be careful with it when I got home. On clean up come to find its a carriage license Pgh. 1908. So all in all a pretty good first hunt of the year. HH to all and best of luck in the new year. Mark

Attachments

• 20190102_162447 (2).jpg
    20190102_162447 (2).jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 310
  • 20190102_183731 (2).jpg
    20190102_183731 (2).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 278
  • 20190102_183836 (2).jpg
    20190102_183836 (2).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 20190102_185929 (2).jpg
    20190102_185929 (2).jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 264
  • 20190102_190053.jpg
    20190102_190053.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 259
Glad to see you were able to get out and find some history to start the year off right. Keep swinging and good luck!

Glad to see you were able to get out and find some history to start the year off right. Keep swinging and good luck!
Dan, thank you, The weather here looks doable for at least the next 5 days, I plan to get out as much as possible. HH Mark

Nice start,I haven’t got out yet but I will tomorrow...That old carriage liscense is really cool..congrats Mark
WB Thanks, heading out as soon as it warms up a little. Good luck. Mark

Great start to the year Mark!! Congrats and good luck!!
Ron, I hope you are able to get out a few more times. Thanks and good luck to you. HH Mark

Great token & carriage license, cool finds.
Mike, thanks. I think maybe, but hope not that tag may be my coolest find of the year. Just gettin started. HH Mark

Hi Mark,
Congrats on some neat finds to start the new year, Your 1908 carriage tag is awesome.
Bubba, Thanks. I wasn't sure what it was at first, I sent a pic to a buddy and he id it for me. Still sinking in what a cool piece of Pittsburgh history I found. HH Mark

Congrats Mark on the Rosie, the Wheat's and the Tokens. A very fine way to start the new year. Trapper
Thanks Jack, was happy just to get out and then to have a mixed bag hunt with silver was fantastic.Looks like we have a few more days here until winter returns. Hope you get a break and are able to get out up there. HH Mark

Great hunt! That picture of the silver in the hole is pretty cool! :)
Thank you sir. HH Mark

Great start to the year Mark! Nice finds

Thanks Tom, I managed a couple if IHPs on my second outing. HH Mark

Congrats on the first silver of the year and other great finds Mark! That carriage license is in great shape!

Congrats on the first silver of the year and other great finds Mark! That carriage license is in great shape!
Fred, thanks,got out yesterday and got a beautiful green IHP. My best so far. HH Mark

Really nice finds Mark! Congrats on the silver and the rest!
CD thanks. Like you I would like learn to research better and get into finding the old stuff, not just coinshooting. Good luck in 19 Mark

Mark, congrats on New Year silver! It seems that first silver of the new season makes you breath a little easier going forward. Thank goodness for those old reliable locations that we can go back to from time to time.

Lovin it

Mark, congrats on New Year silver! It seems that first silver of the new season makes you breath a little easier going forward. Thank goodness for those old reliable locations that we can go back to from time to time.

John, Thanks, yes a few fall back spots are nice to have. One I have in mind was a 1890s house I did, dug a dozen silver or more and just about a little of everything there, I've been thinking of going at it with the 15in. coil as I have everytime I get a new coil or detector. And I always seem to find something. The down side , the house is in foreclosure so my time there is limited. HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom