my finds for 2018

Bounder

I stopped in and renewed my mding permit for 2019 so I'm starting a new year. I am posting (I think) 2 photos of my more keepable finds and my coins. I ended the year with 667 coins. 419 pennies,(including 17 wheats oldest being a 1918) 29 nickels (no buffaloes), 123 dimes, 75 quarters, 12 half dollars,2 1dollar coins and 1 pice (coin of India).

Attachments

• 0104191135.jpg
    0104191135.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 0104191142.jpg
    0104191142.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 96
face value

I forgot to say the face value of the coins is $44.72. Kind of paltry alongside a lot but I'm learning. I actually found 11 of the half dollars in a very small area and they were all surface finds. We think they were spread out at a kids birthday party for the tots to find and these were what they missed. The gun is a Daisy no. 80 squirt gun and it actually works (after a lot of cleaning and oiling). The rusty looking lump in the picture I believe might be a meteorite. I found it the morning after the perseid meteor shower. I saw a crater about the diameter of a basketball in the sand box of a playground and it gave a good iron signal when I checked it. I had to dig down as far as my trowel would go before I retrieved it. It is very attracted to a magnet and it may be zilcho but I have my hopes. I just went on my first hunt of the year and got 2 lincolns and a dime. I had to leave a lot of good signals because the ground is frozen in so many places.

Winnebago requires a permit to detect in their 43 forest preserves, campgrounds and boat launch ramps.

Yes on the McD coin. I thought there would be zillions of those things coming out so I turned it in for the free big mac. I haven't seen once since. Don't think I'll be doing that again so quick.

Yes on the McD coin. I thought there would be zillions of those things coming out so I turned it in for the free big mac. I haven't seen once since. Don't think I'll be doing that again so quick.

Hard to argue with a free big mac though! Great season, and good luck in 2019!

Back
Top Bottom