One expensive fish dinner

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Idiots, hope they never get to fish again :mad:

(full story at link)

http://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...3-fish-over-legal-limit-were-biting-good.html

The couple was charged with having more than the legal limit of crappies in their possession – if found guilty, the couple could be fined and ordered to pay restitution up to $3,000, the Star reported.

1533592351588.jpg

So what did they do with the other 253?

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas special edition.
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring
Total clad 2018 - 45$

Several years ago a friend and i were fishing at a nearby lake. We were catching Crappie with almost every cast. The only problem was they were too small to keep. A ranger sat in his truck watching us as we kept throwing them back. He finally got out and came over to us. He said "Quit throwing them back. There are way too many of them. We need to thin them out."

I'm glad they got busted, sounds like they got let off too easy in my opinion.
I have heard of folks loosing their vehicle, rifle and possible facing jail time for poaching deer, the same should apply to these fine folks.

I'm glad they got busted, sounds like they got let off too easy in my opinion.
I have heard of folks loosing their vehicle, rifle and possible facing jail time for poaching deer, the same should apply to these fine folks.

Totally agree!

So crappy of those people!

Some states have limits others don't. Crappie are prolific breeders and too many left uncaught with eventually stunt the growth of the population.

Now if you go to that website and read the comments posted by others, those people who caught all those Crappie etc. sound like they don't care about laws regarding wildlife in general.........................and to play innocent, we didn't know card should get them some time.

They take it pretty serious here, not uncommon to see 4-5 Fish Cops setting at the boat ramps checking boat coolers for fish. They use a "Golden Rule" to measure fish, so guess what everyone fishing uses? :lol:

"Over 12 inches" is the limit here, so anything measuring under 12.25" gets tossed back in the lake. Roughly a $200 fine for short fish, and there's not a fish out there worth $200 to me.

Takes a bit of thinking, as there's a "lower lake" here, which was formed by using the dirt to build the large earthen dam, there's no size limit on the lower lake, so fishing the lower lake, then going up top and fishing the larger lake with short fish (from the lower) in the cooler is a bad idea.

This was quite common back in the 70's when a whole bunch of Vietnamese refuges were relocated to MN...They had no concept about Fish/Game laws, and you can imagine some of the massive hauls! I can also imagine what they thought about America! Land of Milk and Honey! Rivers and woods just LOADED with Fish and Game! Was a real culture shock for everybody concerned!

I lived there at the time and this was going on back then, I figured by now everybody knew the deal though...according to the article and names of the perps, guess not..Truthfully, theres plenty of days a guy goes out fishing and does not get the limit, so hey, when they are biting, a guy has to make up for all the wasted days when they were not right?

Oh well, file it under: "You gonna talk or you gonna fish?!" :laughing:

Last edited:
Fishing is my second hobby. I hate watching people breaking the law. I see it all the time. My least favorite thing is when the will put back a dead fish or nearly dead fish and replace it with a fresh caught fish that is bigger. That is a total waste.

BCD

I'm mostly catch and release these days, except at the local trout farm. They clean them for $7 a pound, it's more a trip to the grocery store than fishing.
The wife and I started belly boat fishing this summer and are having a blast. We aren't very serious about our fishing, it's more of a way to enjoy being outside when it's too hot to do anything but sit in the water in a shady spot. You really have to pay attention in Missouri, size and limits can change depending on where in the river you are or what lake you're on, and I don't think anyone understands all the different trout rules. DNR is strict here, but that's why we have such good fishing.
012.jpg

Oh well, file it under: "You gonna talk or you gonna fish?!" :laughing:

Tuco? :lol:

iu

Fishing is my second hobby. I hate watching people breaking the law. I see it all the time. My least favorite thing is when the will put back a dead fish or nearly dead fish and replace it with a fresh caught fish that is bigger. That is a total waste.

BCD

Which should earn a fine as well, wanton waste.

I'm mostly catch and release these days, except at the local trout farm. They clean them for $7 a pound, it's more a trip to the grocery store than fishing.
The wife and I started belly boat fishing this summer and are having a blast. We aren't very serious about our fishing, it's more of a way to enjoy being outside when it's too hot to do anything but sit in the water in a shady spot. You really have to pay attention in Missouri, size and limits can change depending on where in the river you are or what lake you're on, and I don't think anyone understands all the different trout rules. DNR is strict here, but that's why we have such good fishing.
View attachment 421410

Ditto, I generally have fish in the freezer, so many times C&R. People come here from all over, dragging a chest freezer with them for all the fish they take, some are commercial fishermen who sell.

They finally standardized number of rods which can be used, as it varied from lake to lake.

Back
Top Bottom