Went to Asia... there’s still an occasional drop

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
The beaches there are kept very clean by a local club, but you can still find stuff occasionally. Went out twice, and hit a 22k at a not-to-be-named beach. :)

Weighed in at 5.98 grams. Was a nice find!

Attachments

• 46C9E0CD-37EE-48D2-B99F-0C20A3A520D0.jpg
    46C9E0CD-37EE-48D2-B99F-0C20A3A520D0.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 332
  • 9A8482F6-065F-4F10-A118-29A77C9F1BC8.jpg
    9A8482F6-065F-4F10-A118-29A77C9F1BC8.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
What Asin country did you visit

The beaches there are kept very clean by a local club, but you can still find stuff occasionally. Went out twice, and hit a 22k at a not-to-be-named beach. :)

Weighed in at 5.98 grams. Was a nice find!

What Asian country were you detecting in ? Always interested in detecting laws in other countries , have taken my detector to the Philippines a couple of times.

Dizzamn! Asia? Israel? SLC? You sure get around! WTH do you do for a living? Mary Kay cosmetics? Blackwater? Discovery Channel? Nakid and Afraid site sourcer? What? Are they hiring?

Real nice High K there Skip!

Hey all. I called it “Asia” simply because the country and beaches get a lot of attention and the finds there suffer from it, due to internet searches. This is a place I intend to go back to, and so it’s my “fishing hole”. Lol

It was a beautiful find, though. Dry sand, too!

Last edited:
Asia

Hey all. I called it “Asia” simply because the country and beaches get a lot of attention and the finds there suffer from it. This is a place I intend to go back to, and so it’s my “fishing hole”. Lol

Just trying to narrow it down to a country not your honey hole of a beach , that is like the Philippines for example the Philippines there are over 7000 islands all with beaches. I have been lucky enough to detect on 2 of the islands, Bohol and Cebu in the middle of the country. While there are restrictions on treasure hunting for hidden Japanese gold from World War II there doesn't appear to be any restrictions to hunting the beaches with a detector. Most public beaches are very trashy there they tend to bury and burn their trash rather than haul it off. The nice tourist resorts on the other hand cater to a lot of rich Americans , Europeans and Chinese vacationers and they like to wear their jewelry to the beach. They keep their beaches fairly trash free and very few people over there have a detector. I sent my brother in law's grandson a detector for last Christmas , he was very interested in mine last visit.

Just trying to narrow it down to a country not your honey hole of a beach , that is like the Philippines for example the Philippines there are over 7000 islands all with beaches. I have been lucky enough to detect on 2 of the islands, Bohol and Cebu in the middle of the country. While there are restrictions on treasure hunting for hidden Japanese gold from World War II there doesn't appear to be any restrictions to hunting the beaches with a detector. Most public beaches are very trashy there they tend to bury and burn their trash rather than haul it off. The nice tourist resorts on the other hand cater to a lot of rich Americans , Europeans and Chinese vacationers and they like to wear their jewelry to the beach. They keep their beaches fairly trash free and very few people over there have a detector. I sent my brother in law's grandson a detector for last Christmas , he was very interested in mine last visit.

Those Tourist beaches sound like a nice place to go detect! Best of luck to your Brother-in-law’s grandson. Pretty cool of you to send him a rig :)

Resorts in the Philippines

Those Tourist beaches sound like a nice place to go detect! Best of luck to your Brother-in-law’s grandson. Pretty cool of you to send him a rig :)
If you find the Philippines on your list of places to visit and detect send me a PM I will be glad to give you suggestions . Lots of nice resorts right on the water with good security to keep locals from bothering you. The dollar goes a long way over there a little over 50-1 pesos to dollar exchange rate. Most people speak pretty good English over there. With the Philippines being a American colony from the Spanish American War till shortly after World war II there are still lots of old cool silver American minted coins over there . The pesos minted from 1903-1906 were made on the same silver blanks as the Morgan dollar .900 silver , and 1907-1912 slightly smaller .800 silver. The new coins have little value made mostly of brass , aluminum , steel , etc. Some one with a decent detector that can hit the wet sand and shallow water has a good likely hood of finding jewelry. The Europeans and Chinese often wear it to the beach to show off their wealth . Any one interested in seeing some of the old Spanish or American or modern Philippines coins can look on this site https://en.numista.com/ you can also go into e-bay and type in Philippine coins to get a idea of their value.

Hey all. I called it “Asia” simply because the country and beaches get a lot of attention and the finds there suffer from it, due to internet searches. This is a place I intend to go back to, and so it’s my “fishing hole”. Lol

When I make posts I always avoid saying where I am... however, if the local "club" saw you you can bet they will be stepping up their game.. and do everything you did

WHoa, nice piece, that one! Makes up for a lot of silent sweeps on a clean beach.

Yes it did. I found a decent amount of change (which I left for the hotel maid, with a note explaining I found it on the beach.... and a some bills so the dirty change didn’t look like a slight)... but other than a junk pendant, this was the only jewelry!

Back
Top Bottom