Pump, the movie? Have you seen it?

ugadigger

Elite Member
Watched on Netflix last night and it's very good IMO. It's a documentary about Big Oil and the efforts to break their monopoly. I would highly recommend it, I think you will be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched it, interesting to say the least.

Was about 80% of the way through it and realized a gas station that installed the software mods ($150) and sold alternative gas options could make a killing until hearing it was commercially illegal to do so. Obviously the movie has a little bias and an agenda, but it's not overly proportioned because if gives the plain facts to back it up without needing to tailor them toward it's view.

Also knew Brazil has been off oil for about 20 years now, and it has worked greatly for them. I do have to say though, my employer had a fleet of CNG trucks and while I didn't have the chance to drive many others than the one assigned to me...that thing knocked and pinged badly compared to when it ran off gasoline, but again like mentioned in the movie that could have been rogue software by the manufacturer to not fully optimize the CNG.

They even built a contracted CNG refueling station across from our operation just for our trucks. Had to get 2 hours training on how to refuel properly which in the real world equates to needing about 5 minutes. Def was odd fueling up and not knowing when the tank was full except it just wouldn't accept any more CNG. Probably saved work some money in the long run, this was over 10 years ago and I'm sure those CNG conversions were quite a bit more expensive back then too.

It is insane how much lobbyists have control over our gov't.

Last edited:
Yeah I love competition! The most amazing part of the movie to me was the envy China has for the western way of life. Also surprising to me was the story of the demise of trolley lines that criss crossed the country in the early 1900s due to a conspiracy by big oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just finished watching, I think everyone should watch it. I know alot of people are going to think "yeah that's not for me' but honestly, look at the folks we are giving our $ to now , they are not our friends.
When they brought up the whole "We are burning corn as fuel instead of using it as food outrage' I remembered that and was TICKED off to find out that was from a paid propaganda campaign was behind that with no basis in truth. The bottom line was obviously food prices went wild as fuel prices went wild, fuel is high= delivery costs were high so food prices went up, not the load of hueey they fed us...
I'll tell you what, the company that will finance, cheaply, solar panels on your house plus an electric car you charge at home every night could make a KILLING, and do good at the same time. Strange thought for a company to good and well...

I should also say here when I lived in CT I had a Mercedes 240 Diesel wagon (awesome car)which I ran on a mix of (free) used vegtabe oil from local restaurants (who prefered to put it in my drums rather than pay to get rid of it) filtered to 10 microns and mixed with regular unleaded, 80% veg/20% reg unleaded plus a shot of cetane booster for every ten gallons of mix. I did well over 40,000 miles in that car and never had a problem running that mix. The only reason I stopped was I moved own here and couldn't bring my car...

I should also say here when I lived in CT I had a Mercedes 240 Diesel wagon (awesome car)which I ran on a mix of (free) used vegtabe oil from local restaurants (who prefered to put it in my drums rather than pay to get rid of it) filtered to 10 microns and mixed with regular unleaded, 80% veg/20% reg unleaded plus a shot of cetane booster for every ten gallons of mix. I did well over 40,000 miles in that car and never had a problem running that mix. The only reason I stopped was I moved own here and couldn't bring my car...

You got me wanting to try it now:lol:

Lots of good info ought there on forums about running SVO (straight veg oil) and biodiesel (chemical process involved) and running blends like i did. Don't take this the wrong way, I am not a tree hugger, I'm just CHEAP :lol::lol::lol:

The bottom line was obviously food prices went wild as fuel prices went wild, fuel is high= delivery costs were high so food prices went up...

That's true. When gas started creeping up to $3.50 a gallon, most delivery industries started tacking on a fuel surcharge. Airlines, longistics, hell...there's still an added delivery fee for pizza. Those used to not be there, and some never went away even though gas prices went back down. We paid it, so they know we will keep paying it unless we change our mindset.

That's why I say drill, drill hard and drill deep and let's use ALL of it that we have! Once we don't have anymore domestically, finally people might wake up and realize we have to change off of it. It's sad, but I don't think much less than that can change the mindset we have about oil. Sometimes we just have to learn things the hard way and we've already been talking about this for 30 years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom