Pretty Slick Barber & The Treasure Chest

jack&jill

Elite Member
Got in three nice outings this week at 3 different sites. Went to a park on the first hunt that has given me some past success but in a total different area. Spent a good four hours with the big coil on the CTX and covered some ground. Came home with a smile along with 3 Rosie's and a Merc for my efforts. Will go back again after the site dries up a bit. The 2nd outing was another park. Put in about 5 hours with only had a Silver GW and a Copper Ring to add to the coffers. The Silver Quarter was a deep dig at over 10 inches. Bottom of the hole filled with water as I retrieved the coin. The last hunt yesterday was at a school yard that was open to me because of Good Friday. Not a lot of targets as I have hunted this place several times in the past. Tried to stay tight to the edges as I had not been able to hunt previously because of heavy vegetation growth. Got a surprise with a Quarter signal out away from the edges at 5 to 6 inches. The slick Barber took a few moments to identify as there is not a lot of detail. Added a Rosie tight to the fence edge and a nice looking Merc that was down over 8 inches just before leaving. The Treasure Chest Charm added a bit of smiles to the hunt even if it really has little if any value. The 8 Silver Coins now has me at 40 FTY. On to the next. Trapper

Attachments

• 4-16-19 .jpg
    4-16-19 .jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 406
  • 4-18-19 .JPG
    4-18-19 .JPG
    86 KB · Views: 347
  • 4-18-19 1.jpg
    4-18-19 1.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 387
  • 4-19-19 .JPG
    4-19-19 .JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 381
  • 4-19-19 1.jpg
    4-19-19 1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 364
  • 4-19-19 2 .jpg
    4-19-19 2 .jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 371
Congrats on the nice silvers Trapper.I know what you mean anpbout the holes filling with water before you can get the coin out,all it’s done here since last year is rain nonstop it seems..The little treasure chest and copper ring are just extras to make the hunt more memorable .

Awesome finds Trapper..

As to the water in the hole.. I like to take that opportunity to give my Pin Pointer a good washing.. sort of like how I use Pull tabs and bottle caps to scrape off my digger !!

Another nice group of hunts and finds buddy. That barber might be slick but those are still tough coins to find. Congrats on all the finds.

Congrats on all of the silver and the treasure chest!
Thank you Vic, things are going pretty nice as of late. Don't think there is much room it the treasure chest. Had to giggle about digging it. Trapper
Congrats on the nice silvers Trapper.I know what you mean anpbout the holes filling with water before you can get the coin out,all it’s done here since last year is rain nonstop it seems..The little treasure chest and copper ring are just extras to make the hunt more memorable .
Thanks Pete. While we have not had a lot of rain, we had a very late thaw with a lot of snow so low areas are holding a lot of water.Those extras do add a little interest along with some smiles to the hunts. Trapper

Great hunts over the last several days, Trapper, Congrats! The treasure chest is a beauty!

Looking good, looking good! Every detectorist should be so lucky as to dig a little jewel-filled treasure chest like that! :yes:
Beautiful lineup of silvers Trapp!

Some nice reporting.
Nice finds too.
Thanks for sharing.

Nice little treasure chest too.
You weren’t kidding on the slick quarter.

I wonder some times how coins get so worn before they are lost.

Awesome finds Trapper..
As to the water in the hole.. I like to take that opportunity to give my Pin Pointer a good washing.. sort of like how I use Pull tabs and bottle caps to scrape off my digger !!
Appreciate your reply Curt. That is exactly what I did with the pinpointer but after a few more holes the dirt was back again. Trapper
Another nice group of hunts and finds buddy. That barber might be slick but those are still tough coins to find. Congrats on all the finds.
Thank you Jason. The Barber was a surprise on that school site although I have dug Silver on site several times in the past. Still any Barber is a welcome find. Things as of late have been going pretty good, hope the run holds with me for a while. Trapper

Congrats on adding more silver to your totals Trapper. I'm sure that Barber quarter was a nice surprise. You've found quite a few silvers so far this year considering the fact you had to wait for for the ground to thaw.

If you're interested, pics from my last two hunts have been posted in my latest thread since I was slacking on posting my finds.

The only guy I know who is actually going to wind up digging up a treasure chest...why this would surprise me,I don’t know.:lol: 1906 on the slick willy there Trap...
Happy Easter! Don’t get in the way of all those egg hunts,I hope your ground sets up so you can see what else is in where that GW was. Hitting a(and realizing it as a legitimate target) 10” coin of any kind isn’t easy,no matter how easy some say it might be....

Great hunts over the last several days, Trapper, Congrats! The treasure chest is a beauty!
Thank you Tom for your comments. It was a pretty good week for me, I did get a giggle from the Treasure Chest Charm. Thought it was very fitting. Trapper
Looking good, looking good! Every detectorist should be so lucky as to dig a little jewel-filled treasure chest like that! :yes:
Beautiful lineup of silvers Trapp!
Thank you Blaise. The Barber is slick but I think its still a keeper. Been getting some good laughs with that chest of gems. Trapper

I drive a school bus and found a plastic treasure box about that size last week on my bus. It had a tooth inside. That’s how the kids bring them home when they loose them at school.it was claimed, otherwise it would have been ME putting it under the pillow !!!

Some nice reporting.
Nice finds too.
Thanks for sharing.

Nice little treasure chest too.
You weren’t kidding on the slick quarter.

I wonder some times how coins get so worn before they are lost.
Appreciate your reply David, thank you. Got a few laughs o the treasure chest dig. My wife collects a lot of my dug charms but says its not one she wants. Not sure how some coins are worn so badly but have dug both Walker and Barber Half Dollars that are almost unidentifiable. Seems that a lot of older coinage just remained in circulation a whole lot longer. Trapper
Congrats on adding more silver to your totals Trapper. I'm sure that Barber quarter was a nice surprise. You've found quite a few silvers so far this year considering the fact you had to wait for for the ground to thaw.

If you're interested, pics from my last two hunts have been posted in my latest thread since I was slacking on posting my finds.
Thank you Fred for your comments. The long Winter or late Spring did slow me a bit. Still it is amazing to watch your results so far this year. After last year for me it is nice to be sitting on the bench cheering and rooting for the next guy up. I did check out the added pictures and thank you for catching us up on your adventures. It's almost like allowing us to be part of the chase. Keep it up. Trapper

What a week Jack, you're killin' it again this year. Congrats on all the silver, the treasure chest is a sweet find as well. I am curious to see how long it will take you to catch Waveoff. HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom