• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hello from eastern Iowa!

Misterjonz

I'm new to the hobby and the forum. It didn't take long to get completely addicted. My 8 year old son and I are having a blast. We have found tons of clad and junk getting the hang of it. Our finds are getting better and better each time out. We have some good spots lined up and look forward to sharing on the forum.

Happy Hunting!

Hello from Santa Cruz, CA

Welcome! My parents grew up in Cedar Rapids and migrated to California before I was born. Our family would travel to Iowa during the summer about every three or four years. I recall fire flies, chiggers, and watch the Apollo 11 moon landing in Iowa.

Welcome! My parents grew up in Cedar Rapids and migrated to California before I was born. Our family would travel to Iowa during the summer about every three or four years. I recall fire flies, chiggers, and watch the Apollo 11 moon landing in Iowa.
Hi ra1der5. The chiggers and fireflies are still around but no moon landings lately! :-)

Welcome

Welcome from Lake Dallas Texas. I am asking anyone new to MD to Please Read "The Treasure Hunters Code of Ethics", and to Please learn to cut Flaps/Plugs and to be sure you know proper digging and REPAIR Techniques! Please use Shovels only in the Woods or Farm fields, Please Don't Dig in Sports fields During Season, And Don"t Leave any debris or scrap at a search site! Realize everything you do now Reflects on our Hobby and on MDers everywhere!!! Please make the effort to be an Asset not a Liability!!! Good Luck and Happy Hunting..... :biker: :signals: :digginahole: :biker:

Welcome

Welcome from Cedar Rapids. My wife and I grew up in Mechanicsville in Cedar County.

You have found the Mother Load of info. Folks on here are really helpful.

I noticed you have Depot Street in Stockton. If you research and use http://www.historicaerials.com you may find where the old depot once stood.

Glad to see you and your son enjoying together.

I am getting my Ace 250 shortened to get me 3 yr grandson going in the hobby. Kids pick things up so fast. He loves to go out with "Papa" and just dig right now.

HH

Welcome from Cedar Rapids. My wife and I grew up in Mechanicsville in Cedar County.

You have found the Mother Load of info. Folks on here are really helpful.

I noticed you have Depot Street in Stockton. If you research and use http://www.historicaerials.com you may find where the old depot once stood.

Glad to see you and your son enjoying together.

I am getting my Ace 250 shortened to get me 3 yr grandson going in the hobby. Kids pick things up so fast. He loves to go out with "Papa" and just dig right now.

HH
Hey Navmode. Good to meet you. Thanks for the info. My boy loves it! He goes out in the bean field by the house when I'm not around and digs up all kinds of farm machinery parts! "his treasures". Good luck! Maybe we will cross paths sometime.

Back
Top Bottom