Beginners Luck!

ollievon

Elite Member
A student at a local college near me has been hounding me to teach him how to metal detect for the past few weeks, but finding the time has been really tough. Today we met before he heads home and hit a nearby park. I had him use my 705 and taught him the basics of swing, pinpointing, threshold, etc. and he picked up quick.

I told him I would detect along his side and if I got a good hit I would have him come over and dig it, "he's a rookie" I thought to myself, "he's not going to know a good tone from a bad", well did I ever get skunked!

He decided to go along the treeline and gets a whopping 44 on the Xterra at 6" deep, and anyone who uses that machine knows that a screaming 44 is either a silver dollar or a half...he digs and out pops a beauty of a 68' Kennedy Half like the day it was dropped and in killer condition too...I was beside myself. His first hit and it's a half...not even a stinkin' Lincoln..c'mon!!!!

I'm happy for him and as you can imagine he's hooked, another one to add to the crew friends, ha-ha!

Attachments

• IMG_3071.JPG
    IMG_3071.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 383
:lol: No good deed goes unpunished! Awesome start to his MD'ing career though, hope he knows how special lucky he is. :yes:

I've dug like 1100 silvers but never a Kennedy...and this guy bags one for his first silver on his first outing:shock: congrats on a excellent dig!

That is a very nice thing you did for him. On the down (up?) side you probably made him an addict.

Way to go. And what a great feeling it is to get a you person hooked on this great hobby.

Congrats to both of you.

Back
Top Bottom