confederate eye button!!!!!

vanzutphen

:shock: Well here is a nice script infantry button brought to the daylight after being just 3 inches under old briar bush out in a field no mans land just waiting to be found.Really didn't know what I had that day jan 3rd 2015 until back home stated cleaning a smiling at the same time little bit of diluted lemon juice and cotton swabs and I guess excellent soil made this a surviving beauty,I wanted to show back mark but having problem trying to figure how to load photo. I can not make out the back mark scared to damage it. Maybe I can get the back of the button loaded shortly. All the lines and gilt are nice so enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!vanzutphen

Attachments

• DSCF5900.jpg
    DSCF5900.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 83
I was wondering if "Eye" button was like an eye patch or something....:lol:

Beauty of a find! Congrats!

Maybe this will help you on the back mark. A lot of the script buttons came from England. Some of those buttons have a back mark; "ISAACS CAMPBELL & CO., 71 JERMYN, LONDON". Maybe if you can't get all the back mark readable you might be able to piece meal a few letters of the back mark and make an ID. By the way a great find.

Acey

no no not again...................................

U:no:pload of file failed? I have continued to try and load the photo of the back of my button find and by the way thanks to all for the great comments really appreciate that but for some reason cannot load any other photos of other relics to show.Dont know why the first photo went through any suggestions to fix? Happy hunting.Vanzutphen

Back
Top Bottom