Best pinpointer?

barichdigger

I have a fisher pinpointer and a HF cen-tech pinpointer, the fisher gets about 5/8's depth and the HF gets about 1" on an air test a little better in soil. What pinpointer on the market has the best depth in your opinion ? So please chime in and give your depths.

Thanks and HH Rich

Your going to get an overwhelming GARRET PRO POINTER on the forums. I have a White's Bullseye II and they don't compare. The Garrett gets 4 inches and the White's, your lucky to get 1 inch. Only thing White's has is you can choose either vibrate or sound modes. Not both though.

The best in my opinion is the Sunray Probe. Unfortunately I have two detectors that I can not use one on.

The Garrett is great when they work. A little loud, but you can cover the speaker hole. Reliability is a question mark.

The Minelab in my opinion does not perform as well as the Garrett. There is less vibration and the detecting distance for me was less. But they seem to keep on working. More than you can say for Garrett.

The Whites unit is old design and not very good on performance. It is better than nothing and you can usually pick a brand new one up in the classifieds very cheap. Whites was giving them out with new detectors.

The Vibraprobe 580 is the one I just ordered. No beep just vibration. I had one before and like the performance. And it is waterproof. Just wash it off. The down side is the interference with the main detector. You will hear the probe noise in the headphones. Just like the DetectorPro Pistol Probe the Vibraprobe is a PI unit. They will both interfere with main detectors. Especially multi frequency detectors.

The Nokta is the new guy on the block. I have seen a performance video and I was not impressed. The switch also looks like it will not survive a muddy hunt. I like the Minelab unit better and that is not saying much.

The DetectorPro Pistol by far gets the greatest detecting distance. But that can be a negative when it comes to pinpointing. There is no vibration mode. And I fail to see the reason to put a light on any probe. Unless they are trying to appeal to night hunters. Well I'm not hunting a park at night. The thing also looks like a pistol (Pistol-Probe) and I can see cops giving a guy a rough time if they are carrying one. The switch also wears out.

These are the only ones I have used. My buddy had a Harbor Freight probe which was total junk.

The best in my opinion is the Sunray Probe. Unfortunately I have two detectors that I can not use one on.

The Garrett is great when they work. A little loud, but you can cover the speaker hole. Reliability is a question mark.

The Minelab in my opinion does not perform as well as the Garrett. There is less vibration and the detecting distance for me was less. But they seem to keep on working. More than you can say for Garrett.

The Whites unit is old design and not very good on performance. It is better than nothing and you can usually pick a brand new one up in the classifieds very cheap. Whites was giving them out with new detectors.

The Vibraprobe 580 is the one I just ordered. No beep just vibration. I had one before and like the performance. And it is waterproof. Just wash it off. The down side is the interference with the main detector. You will hear the probe noise in the headphones. Just like the DetectorPro Pistol Probe the Vibraprobe is a PI unit. They will both interfere with main detectors. Especially multi frequency detectors.

The Nokta is the new guy on the block. I have seen a performance video and I was not impressed. The switch also looks like it will not survive a muddy hunt. I like the Minelab unit better and that is not saying much.

The DetectorPro Pistol by far gets the greatest detecting distance. But that can be a negative when it comes to pinpointing. There is no vibration mode. And I fail to see the reason to put a light on any probe. Unless they are trying to appeal to night hunters. Well I'm not hunting a park at night. The thing also looks like a pistol (Pistol-Probe) and I can see cops giving a guy a rough time if they are carrying one. The switch also wears out.

These are the only ones I have used. My buddy had a Harbor Freight probe which was total junk.

+1

Back
Top Bottom