Not MY Fault

Chipk

Elite Member
I recently sent Whites an email advising them that I was having a really bad experience with some of their headphones. I had purchased a pair of their lightweight headphones and both had developed a tendency to spontaneously adjust the volume. Occasionally, the volume would drop, some times so low I could not hear signals at all. But often the volume would go so loud it literally would hurt my ears from the blast of sound. All of this without me touching the volume control.

This happened with both pair on numerous machines and is happening more frequently so I am shopping for replacements. Their headphones are going into the trash.

I was surprised and grateful that I got a response. I did not expect one. But then I was amused by the overall nature of the answer. It was "Hey it's not OUR fault but let us know if you find a better product." Damn. If YOU put YOUR name on something, take responsibility for it. I noticed there is no movement to stop selling them. They're still willing to profit from a shoddy product.

Buyer beware.

Dear Chip Kirkpatick

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights and suggestions.

Unfortunately, when it comes to headphones, headphone manufactures believe lightweight must equal inexpensive. White’s has had a hard time finding good quality headphones that are in the lightweight summer fit style. The Star-Lights are the best we could find at this time. We are always looking.

If you find a suitable headphones in the light-weight summer style, we would appreciate your letting us know the manufacture and model.

Sincerely

Garrett Easy Stow = Bulletproof, & low priced.

I'll second that. My kid LOVES them.

But ultimately, if you're really looking for a lightweight solution, go earbuds, man!

I run a Z-Lync wireless system, and my Apple earbuds. The sound quality beats any headphone system I've had, so far... The Z-Lync really sounds great... it's very clean and clear, and fully volume adjustable.

Z-Lync was the BEST headphone solution I've ever purchased. I love my Grey Ghosts for the winter, because of ear protection, but even the sound in those isn't quite as good as the earbud setup.

LOL let White's know that Garrett's are better?

That should go over like a lead balloon!

Dear White's manufacturing,

You told me if I find a better pair of lightweight headphones to let you know. I find that Garrett makes a better quality one and a lot of detectorists swear by them.

Oh, BTW, they also feel the At-Pro is better than any mid level machine you make. Thought you might want the heads up so you can develop a better model.

Thanks for reading.

You told me if I find a better pair of lightweight headphones to let you know. I find that Garrett makes a better quality one and a lot of detectorists swear by them.

Oh, BTW, they also feel the At-Pro is better than any mid level machine you make. Thought you might want the heads up so you can develop a better model.

Thanks for reading.
LOL :lol:

Thanks for reading.

I didn't share that so he'd send it to Whites. LOL I shared it because HE is looking for a better solution. *cracks up*

You got me, man... LOL

Thanks for reading.

^^^ this is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom