Tesoro users coil questions??

notlost4long

What is the better coil for overall trashy sites such as old homesteads.
The 5.75 concentric or the 5.75 widescan?
I know the the differance of both and I am not looking for an opinion but rather what you are using and why. also the benifits and downfalls you have experianced from use.
Lastly is the stock 9x8 coil good enough for most trash and the smaller coil not really needed? or how about the 10x5 widescan coil or any other recomendations.
Your help and information is greatly appreceiated and I thank everone for input. I know people have a preferance but would really like to know how they perform especially if anyone has used both. I am using the Tejon but I think most of the Tesoros perform about the same (other than deapth) also do you run the disciminator differantly on these coils?.Thanks again..

LOL Hmmmm...

I jumped on this post because I have a Tejon and have both of the 5 3/4 Coils for it Concentric and Widescan, I also have the 12 x 10 widescan coil and of course the stock 9x8. I haven't even tried the Tejon yet and have had it for months! I was hoping to get some answers myself from your replies. I'm sure replies will come, there are many Tesoro Cult members here. I'll be watching this thread for sure. GL & HH......Pat

I jumped on this post because I have a Tejon and have both of the 5 3/4 Coils for it Concentric and Widescan, I also have the 12 x 10 widescan coil and of course the stock 9x8. I haven't even tried the Tejon yet and have had it for months! I was hoping to get some answers myself from your replies. I'm sure replies will come, there are many Tesoro Cult members here. I'll be watching this thread for sure. GL & HH......Pat

I have the 12"x10" and use it all the time if you have any questions on it let me know I'll try to help. I also have the 5.75 concentric. I have not used it in the feild because my tests did not show it performed that well so I have been reluctant to try it and I wanted to make sure it was not me or if there was something a whole lot better. I purchased my tejon because of a Youtube video that showed how good the separation was because I was frustrated with all my other detectors not being abel to pick out good targets among the trash. The Tejon has proved marvouls in this area along with amazing deapth and I have found more with the Tejon so far. Check out the video of the Tejon's separation on youtube unless that was you who posted the video. If so let me know. Thanks

My Two-Cents

What is the better coil for overall trashy sites such as old homesteads.
The 5.75 concentric or the 5.75 widescan?
I know the the differance of both and I am not looking for an opinion but rather what you are using and why. also the benifits and downfalls you have experianced from use.
Lastly is the stock 9x8 coil good enough for most trash and the smaller coil not really needed? or how about the 10x5 widescan coil or any other recomendations.
Your help and information is greatly appreceiated and I thank everone for input. I know people have a preferance but would really like to know how they perform especially if anyone has used both. I am using the Tejon but I think most of the Tesoros perform about the same (other than deapth) also do you run the disciminator differantly on these coils?.Thanks again..

Unless I am hunting really hot soil with heavy iron content, I stay with the concentric. In decent soil you get much better seperation and depth in my opinion. In heavily mineralized soils the DD coils are superior.

I never used a 5.75 coil but I have used the 4 in area`s and find it very good for separating targets.
As far as your concerned the only question is how is the soil where you hunt. If it is highly mineralized then the wide scan would be preferred, If your detector functions fine with a concentric then I don't see any reason to use a DD.

I never used a 5.75 coil but I have used the 4 in area`s and find it very good for separating targets.
As far as your concerned the only question is how is the soil where you hunt. If it is highly mineralized then the wide scan would be preferred, If your detector functions fine with a concentric then I don't see any reason to use a DD.

Most soil I hunt in is very good and I always ground ballance it even after a coil change so I dont think mineralization should be a problem. I like the DD or Widescan as Tesoro calls it mainly for ground coverage. When I did a test in the yard I took a silver dollar and put lots of square nails around it and on top of it. I tryed this with the 5.75 concentric the 10x12 widescan and the stock 9x8 concentric and the stock coil performed the best on this test it would hit the coin using a discrimination just above foil but the other two would not and the small 5.75 coil was the worst of the three coils I tryed as I had to back the discrimination back to just above iron and then it would still sound off when the coin was removed due to the amount of nails I used in this perticular test. I thought the smallest coil should be the best for this but in my test it was the worst I wondered if anyone else had this same problem. Lastly the 10x12 was the only coil in the test that would pick up a silver dime in heavy iron trash the other two would not..

Back
Top Bottom