Best headphones for the GARRETT AT's

Big_Dig

what do you guys think/use

I don't care about waterproof

the cord on the stock isn't long enough for me

what does everyone else use

I use grey ghosts on mine and I love them. Can almost stand up with them on. I'm 5' 10" tall. They work great if you stay low. :yes:

G2M

I use the stock set.they are a bit short at first but i have them streched out, The water set does not have volume control. I think you can get an extension. Maybe try calling garrett and see if they offer a longer corded set.

I just put this http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/1626000_headphone_adapter.aspx on my Pro yesterday. It will allow you to use any headphones with a 1/4" jack. I put a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter on it and plugged in a set of earbuds that have volume control. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems as though the wire will be long enough. I got the earbuds that have the plastic part that wraps around your ear, so they'll stay in place. I think it's going to be much nicer than full headphones in hot weather. The tradeoff is probably some acoustic loss and they don't block outside noise as well, but I can live with that for now.

Stock ones work well for me. I have dropped both sets fully into the water twice and they still work fine.

In my opinion you can't beat the headphones from DetectorPro. My two favorites are the DetectorPro Black Widows and Gray Ghost NDT Headphones.

The Jolly Rodgers Ultimates are nice headphones too... they are a lighter then the Black Widows and Gray Ghost, making them nice in hot weather, but I just like the heavier studier feel of the Gray Ghost and Black Widows.

The Original Gray Ghost Headphone are nice, if you don't mind not having the separate volume controls.

The Black Widows, Gray Ghost NDT and Jolly Rodger Ultimates all have separate/independent volume controls which I really like. All people hear better in one ear then the other... as you get older, it become more pronounced. So even if you don't really need separate volume controls now, you most likely will later in life. Just something to think about before buying... and all DetectorPro Headphone have a life time warranty.

The Garrett Headphones much less money, but just don't hold up well, I had a pair as a second set and they just died... and they're only two years old... and I didn't even use them much! My daughter also has a pair and with her pair, the ear pads started falling apart after two years of use. Don't know what's up with that, or if anyone else is have the same troubles those phones, but that's been my experience with them.

Killer Bees also make a good headphone... I just like detectorpro.

Best wishes with whatever headphones you decide to go with.

Best Regards,
Silver Hawk

I have a set of Garrett Headphones and they died on me during last weeks hunt. They were not even a year old, and I found the cord was way to short for my 6'2" frame. I was always stretching the cord, just so I could set my detector down.

Get a nice set of Gray Ghosts, you'll be glad you did.

I have the Sunray Pro Golds and love them. I use them in the cooler times. I also have a volume controled set of earbuds by skullcandy or something like that that work great in summer months. Got the Radio Shack plug adapter for the earbuds and it works good too.

Back
Top Bottom