Craigslist is the best for metal detectors :D

Bonesquat

Elite Member
I got my first Bounty Hunter 202 or quick draw two for $70 on craigslist. It was like brand new and still works fine. :) Found all my stuff I've posted with it.

Yesterday I bought my White's MXT with a price tag of $849 for $450 WITH headphones, DVD and manual and carrying case. =] I love my new White's!

CL is good in some areas but sucks in others. All I get from them is scammer contacts.

I ran my mint Tesoro Cutlass II uMax detector on CL for about a month and even offered to ship it right in the ad. I also stated I'd take Paypal or Money Order or Cash.

I ran it for $150 shipped (with lots of photos) and never got one offer.

I put it on ebay for a lot more and it sold within 36 hours.

I've been trying CL for about 2 years now and haven't sold or bought one good thing yet but I'll keep trying. But I've sure heard about every scam going. :lol:

Congrats on the detector.

Badger

Around here all they ever have are low end Bounty Hunters and Radio Shack detectors. I can buy them new cheaper than what they are asking, if that was what I was looking for.

CL can Rock.

I'd say pinch me...but I'm not dreaming. Bought an MXT for $250.00,TM800 for $100, and a Classic III Plus for $50.00. The TM800 was used in a construction environment and needed to have the button screw replaced (Todd @ Whites sent me one for free.) and the other two detectors were almost flawless.

If you live in a metropolitan area, CL should never be passed up. (Have only had one negative experience and that was do to the sellers ignorance of something they were selling.) Use good judgment and pass stuff up that looks to have a possibility of being stolen. Question wisely. Most people are decent.

I use CL all the time. Only burned once and I should have known better.:mad: (This lady was in a hurry with 3 kids, and I didn't check out a DVD player I was looking at. I mean....she said she was a teacher and late for school. :lol:) Otherwise, its been good to the General.:yes:

everyone should be posting their good deals on Get Diggin! /sign =]p haha, I buy and sell detectors for extra income, and I get scared every time I make a deal on Craigslist that is not local. I have done it a couple times but man I get a knot in my stomach every time lol, but there are so many good deals there because that is where you get EX Wives selling EX Hubbys E-trac, and EX Girlfriends ditching their BFs detector they left over! lol, so finding those listing are like a gold mine. It reminds me of my earlier years that people usually do not believe the story. But my Buddy and I seen a ad for a 1996 Dodge Viper listed in the local paper for a outrageously low price, but we called and it was a ex wife selling her husbands car that she got in the divorce lol and my buddy bought it for $5,000 for a beautiful 1996 Dodge Viper & this was in 2003 so it was not really all that old either, my buddy did end up selling it though to his boss a few years later for a $15,000 which is still cheap but he made some money on it! lol. P.S. his boss crashed it while driving drunk.. Moral of the story, Don't drive drunk when you could be detecting sober! =]p

Rich (GetDiggin)

Nice to see this older thread back. I see I made a post here when it was new.

The problem with CL is that people usually won't ship. Since my earlier post I have sold two items via craigslist so it has been worth it.

I've tried many many times (maybe over 100) to talk sellers into shipping items to me and I even offered to pay more but so far all gave me thumbs down. Some even got nasty because I asked.

I've offered to send a money order or whatever the seller wanted (maybe even cash in some cases). I'll keep trying just to see if I can ever find someone who will ship. I shipped one item I sold (to Canada).

Craigslist is the best tool every where.we can get new information and guideline from this post.we hope up coming post are more helpful.

Laralist

I got my as new in the box Xterra 705 on CL for $300. And just recently I saw a Tiger Shark that was bought new and never used for $400.

I've started several threads on this subject over the years and some ran for a very long time with many great suggestions.

Here is one BIG suggestion to make CL work better for all.

If you tell someone you're coming to look at an item, show up! I've had dozens tell me they were coming and never called back or showed up. Doing this will encourage more participation.

Being way up here away from the big cities I wish sellers would ship but the lack of doing this is partly why you people in the larger cities get such good deals. You have less competition.

Be honest with sellers and they'll be more likely to offer future good deals.

Has always been great for electronics for me.

Always meet in busy public place, never a residence.

Always bring heat. :)

Oh, and always bring change. 1's, 5's, 10's...don't fall for the well I only brought X BS.

I just got my AT Pro a few weeks ago for $300.00. When I called to transfer the warranty I found it was less then six months old. There was a small dent in the coil and Garrett replaced it for free under warranty. Craigslist and Garrett both did me good this time.

Back
Top Bottom