Got my first MD today - BH Gold Digger

ecnal

Any advice on it? Tips?

Got it second-hand. Tried a couple of coins in the driveway and it seems to work good. Though I've read that it's better at gold (as the name suggests) than anything else?

Probably the best advice any of us could give you is to try and get a better quality detector as soon as you can. The biggest drawback of the Gold Digger is that you are going to have to dig an awful lot of trash for every good target you find. Although that isn't always a bad thing which is why some Gold Digger owners do make an occasional nice find. Unfortunately because of its lack of depth and other issues, its going to skip right over and miss many good targets.

Well, it's a start! I traded it for a BB gun on craigslist, so no money invested.

Welcome to the forum!

I'd take it to some playgrounds and see what you can find--it's easier to learn a new machine in woodchips.

Welcome to the forum!

I'd take it to some playgrounds and see what you can find--it's easier to learn a new machine in woodchips.

I agree. You would be surprised what you can find there.
You need to be familiar with your machine. Just put some time in on it and you will be fine

Listen to me when I say this.We bought this same metal detector second hand for almost nothing last summer. I have dug mercury dimes, an 1822 large cent, An old platoon of metal soldiers, 362.00 in clad coins that paid for my silver u-max. Old very rare boy scout good luck token made in portsmouth Ohio.Trash is very easily identified through tones.High tones always dig!! Low garbled tones are trash, but not all the time!!Turn both knobs all the way to the right and your good to go.This is the same metal detector that kellyco refers to as a toy for kids ten and under!! Well I sure have enjoyed the profits from this TOY!!!No its not deep,but deep isnt the last word by any means. My large cent was found a mere three inches under a side walk strip.Dont think deep think real estate, Location, Location,Location.I LOVE this thing. And now use it as my pinpointer. It is a vacume cleaner on coins. For as cheap as these are I will have twenty coins out of the ground by the time other people are done tweaking their high priced doo dads.This is BRUTAL HONESTY!! welcome and happy hunting!!!!:lol:

Oh I forgot It is a rather large pinpointer, but the wife or the nephew use it now and when I get a hit on my U-max they come running!!Other finds have been 1960 era mathchbox cars, many of them, an extremely rare pen knife made by tyne. And once a huge arrow head and indian jewelry popped up while digging a coin hit.As you can see I could go on forever about this gold digger model.Good Luck and please got to my page and tell me what happens. I will bet even when you upgrade this detector will be tagging along!!:lol:

It's a hobby :) . Have lots of fun. Find some interesting stuff. Find some junk. Get some exercise. Get outdoors. Get muddy. Share you experences. Have some more fun. Da...am I missing anything? Oh yah...did I say have fun. :)

Back
Top Bottom