Treasure finds in the news

~Alan~

Forum Supporter
I thought it may be of interest for people to hear what treasure finds are being made in the UK ?

I just wish I could make one of these finds. :yes:

Here's a starter

Man unearths Bronze Age dagger in field

A METAL detecting enthusiast has unearthed a 3,600-year-old dagger from the depths of a South Lakeland field.

The finder, who wishes to remain anonymous for fear others will descend on the secret site, said he could not believe his luck when he stumbled across the Bronze Age relic.

Here's the full story from the Westmorland Gazette

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/mostpopular.var.503785.mostviewed.man_unearths_bronze_age_dagger_in_field.php

and a very nice plug for the metal detecting community !!! Thanks for the article Alan !!!

Thanks for the post Alan ... I agree with Dooby ... very positive article for detectorists. Man ... what about those European finds ... I'm lucky to find something 50 years old let alone 3000 years!

I like the finders quote "it's the oldest thing I've found in 15 years of detecting." And if he hunts for another 50 years its still likely to be the oldest.

steve in so az said:
Alan - thank you very much for the articles, Steve in so az

No problem. I'm not doing much detecting at the moment, so I like to contribute in some other way.
Saying that, I'm out to a detecting rally next Sunday (25th), so hopefully I'll have some pictures to post.

Back
Top Bottom