Does it need service or do I hang it up?

Bondcat

I have a White's Classic IDX with a Blue Max 950 coil. Been giving me faithful service for at least 7 years. Until today.
Went out to one of my usual parks, I was out there less than an hour. Pulled out the usual suspects. Pull tab, foil, zincons. Then the LED was jumping all over the place. Did all of my usual tricks to get it to recalibrate to no avail, still was jumping up and down the LED.
I wiggled wires and everything seemed to be normal except that it was not registering on a legitimate signal. I set up pennies, dimes, quarters, keys. Anything to get my detector to act normal. I even put in fresh batteries. Nothin' doin'.
So, my question is. Does it need service? Is it an easy fix? Do I start shopping for a new detector?

Thanks!

You can't hunt with an unreliable detector. Either send it in or time to get a new one.

YEP, You need a new one. Might cost a small fortune to get it fixed. Call whites to find out. Figure in shipping on all the prices. Might be able to get a new one.. Good luck... KEN

Odds are with Whites the fix will be reasonable. It sure will be less than buying another used one.

Whites had been known to fix machines for free or very cheap. Send it back to Sweet Home, OR.

Do you have or know someone close to you that has a different coil you can try... Hope you get it going again..

I am sure some of these are obvious, but worth asking. Did you try the detector in an entirely different location and get the same results? Any chance moisture got into the electronics (doesn't take much)? are you sure you have a great connection for the coil? some times if there is any play there you will get exactly what you are talking about. I would go to your local Whites dealer and see if they have a new coil that you can plug in and see if it makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom