Coin star scam

Wom 27

Elite Member
That's right. I want to get the word out so others don't have to suffer as I have. I was at the Ac-a-me as it's pronounced here in Philly. I check the coin star as always thanks to the falsehoods I read constantly on this forum and see from 20 feet away, a shiny dime in the rejects hole. I slip over there, bend down to tie my shoe, and like that, it's in my pocket ! I find an empty aisle to see my newest silver.......and it's clad...not what all the posts promised. So I get my milk and 4 pounds of sugar, which turned out to be 4 kilos and pissed her off, and went to the 10 items or less line and waited as the guy with 15 items was slowing things up, when I heard the unmistakable sound of coins being tumbled. I look over just as the sound of rejected coins filled the air. What to do? The angel on my right wanted me to tell her but the devil on my left said" just wait and see what happens" . Sure enough she left, leaving several coins behind . Once again, I tied my shoes ,reached in and had those coins in my pocket as swift as a beach Hunter has a.ring in his finds pouch saying " nah, nothing, jurt a pull tab ". Got to my car. No one followed, pulled out my coins. I pictured several silver. I couldn't wait to be the newest member of the Coin star club. What's this? Two pennies, two dimes, all modern. Really???listen. It's all a scam ! Enough already. Stop with the coin star stories. Get out of my head. Go out and look for silver in the dirt like the rest of us. After all, we are detector......wait.......ists !
Wanted to get this off my chest for my 1001 post. HH

I've never hit anything but foreign coins and clad. I told my father in law to check the coinstar when he goes to the grocery store for me. First time he does this, pulls a Rosie out of there and gives it to me! I couldn't believe it! The best thing I've found was a 100 pesos coin. Which I believe translates to almost 5$ USD. :lol: it happens just not to certain people like me and you :laughing: HH ! Hope your feeling good and speedy recovery sir!

You are absolutely right. Recently, I went against all I know is good, and made my wife check the coinstar machine on the way out of the supermarket. "I've got a big handful of dimes" she smiles.

@*%!!# a handful of Canadian dimes! What on earth do we do with those? The last time I tried to pass off a couple on the bank teller she almost pegged me with 'em as she threw 'em back! :lol:

Coinstar rejected silver and dirty coins It's almost like dirt diggin ya won't know for sure until ya have it in your hand . :grin: I feel like you going to make the grab and guilty about someone loss. ,,,,,HH

Ppl around here must be tight wads.. I check coin star everytime I pass one.. found nada

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wom27, good story writing skills :) However, I don't know how you can sleep at night, knowing you're preying on other people's misfortunes. What's next ?? Clubbing baby seals ? :laughing:

Oh no..... not baby seals....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

today at the local wally-world, I found 3 quarters in the reject of the coin star, 2 U.S. clad and 1 Bermuda . never found a Bermuda coin before.

Yeah, and I hear tell about these "so-called Power Ball winners", too. I've played the Power Ball, and I didn't win big, heck, I didn't even get all my money back! So it's a scam, too! :lol:

My local Coinstar has usually been empty about 90% of the time, but just the other week - a coin - a brand new shiny zincoln ! :lol:

(hey, better than nuttin' :lol: )

My youngest is now excited about pulling coins out of the coinstar machines, now. No silvers, but he's walked away with a small handful a time or two!

Thank you for the public service announcement! :laughing:

My youngest is now excited about pulling coins out of the coinstar machines, now. No silvers, but he's walked away with a small handful a time or two!

Thank you for the public service announcement! :laughing:

Got to get my grandchildren into this new "sport"!!!

I'll keep checking the Coin stars, soda machines,
I wish pay phones were still around ! :D
Heck free clad from them machines is easy pickins!
Really your embarrassed ? :roll:
Why pretend to tie your shoe:?: You don't pretend to tie your shoes out detecting....what if a quarter was laying on the concrete in the parking, pretend to drop your keys :roll:
Most people are blind in the world, as to their surroundings.

They do reject silver coins & dirty coins upset the coins that will be accepted Any that follow get kicked to the reject tray.
I read on these CS threads, that the weigh each coin,
so if a coin is a few grains light, (worn) or dirty (to heavy) they get kicked to the reject slot.
It's a lotto, being in the right place at the right time.
I wouldn't give up yet ......

I've pulled about 8 silvers or so out of the reject bin over a couple years. Few times some $5, $3, $7 jackpots of clad too. Lots of foreign. Easy to check, I don't play the tie shoe game but sometimes do pretend to be looking at the redbox next to the coinstar :laughing:

I mainly check two CS machines, one in Wallyworld in the customer service bay. People wait in line only 4-5 feet away from it so very seldom do I find anything in that one. I'm sure the clerks keep close watch on it.

At my Meijer store, the CS machine is in the front walkway across from the checkouts. I've seen workers and even the door greeters look in the machine as they walked by. Every time I've ever found anything in their CS machine was later in the day when the store was busy including the workers. It's all in the timing. The more chaotic and busy the store is, the better chance to find something. Plus, you won't have to act like you're tying your shoe when you grab the goodies, because nobody is paying attention anyway. :D That's been my experience. I find mostly dirty clad and foreign coins mainly so far.

I've pulled about 8 silvers or so out of the reject bin over a couple years. Few times some $5, $3, $7 jackpots of clad too. Lots of foreign. Easy to check, I don't play the tie shoe game but sometimes do pretend to be looking at the redbox next to the coinstar :laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Our local Coinstar is right next to the exit of the grocery store, so after paying for our groceries I'll push the cart right in front of the Coinstar while I check the grocery receipt to make sure the prices charged were accurate, and then I'll glance down to see if anything is in the Coinstar reject tray before leaving :lol:

They are hit and miss...Some are good, others rarely have anything.
A Wallyworld food store near me is a good one.
Well used, usually I find something in there every time I pass by.
Some foreign coins, a few modern cents or clad, the other day a bunch of coins worth $1.32.

In Jan. 2016 the very first silver coin I found for the year came out of that machine...a 64 Rosie.

Attachments

• user10659_pic69446_1451840658 (1).jpg
    user10659_pic69446_1451840658 (1).jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 684
Back
Top Bottom